All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Aido 8

Rx8 renesis engine

Some one on the UK Forum has a Racing Beat header coming up for sale soon if you want to take a look there. What is your expectations on the header, noise?, bhp?
  3. Last week
  4. Patrick Foley

Rx8 renesis engine

Hi guys anyone got a racing header for sale contact me with pictures and price thanks
  5. Tel

Who Is Keeping Their Rotarys For Good

Not bad,only gets to play the odd evening and sundays,took it up to shadow couple weeks back, changed the leads and coils,got it compression tested while I was there for the Craic,was higher than I had originally thought,was high 7s to mid 8s, happy happy Aidan
  6. Aido 8

Mate hows is things going with the PZ
  7. Aido 8

What Have You Done to Your RX Today?

Nope no sensor. The U.S mine came from , there is a few to choice from over there. Rotarywerks out of Florida do a nice tank and has a sensor, Benetbuilt do a nice tank to.
  8. Matthewtnh

First Rotary I've ever owned

I had thought i would have needed healight washers, wasn't aware of the headlight leveling though. LED install sounds easier and like less hassle ! Cheers
  9. littlefeck

What Have You Done to Your RX Today?

@Aido 8 I like the pressure tank. Where did you get it from? Does it maintain the level sensor?
  10. First of all check the 2 pressure tanks (black plastic tanks in around the engine) one of these stores pressure and the other stores a vacuum. If these are leaking it will cause an issue for you. Also there is 1 way check valves that lead in or out of these that are prone to failing. Older model FDs had what we affectionately called the "rats nest". This was a bunch of solenoids with a spaghetti load of vacuum hoses that controlled the actuators for the turbos. On later models like yours this was replace with a black box with all the workings hidden away inside. It's possible that one of these solenoids is on the way out. Most people replace this entire box (Quite expensive) but some have had some luck in stripping this down. Start with the tanks and check valves then go from there.
  11. littlefeck

New to RX8

Welcome along. Also pics or it didn't happen!
  12. littlefeck

Quite difficult to legally retro fit xenons as you will fail the NCT unless you have the auto levelling sensors for the headlamps mounted to the suspension along with headlight washers. Much handier route is the LED conversions.
  13. littlefeck

Stick with 12a or 13b swap?

Hi @Logan, quite a bit will go into deciding factors for you, what's your budget, are you planning on doing the work yourself and where do you live?
  14. littlefeck

I'm planning on keeping mine. Might not be the one I have right now but will definitely have one. I sold my rx7 a while back with the sole purpose of building a monster rx8.
  15. Tel

I’m planning on keeping mine,they’re such a rare sight in the west,just so much fun to drive,I know they’re not the most practical of cars to run but I’d imagine anyone who had one would have a tender spot in their heart for them
  16. well i dig this post up again lol, i read through the whole thing but didnt really find my answer. i bought a 1982 fb gx and am looking to swap a 12bt into it. i just have no idea where to start with the swap. is there some where that would have a full list of everything im going to need to make it work? or is there a better swap option to go with? i was also thinking of a 1jzvvti but from what i have found out so far is that no one has done that swap before. i am very new to this so i dont know alot and it will be the first swap i have ever done. Thank you for any help you can give me!
  17. Matthewtnh

Ohh, do you know is it handy to retro fit xenons? All the cars I’ve owned I’ve put either LED or aftermarket HID kits in as I love the blue look. I may may possibly fit LED’s as they’re less work that HID’s
  18. Aido 8

The 6 speed has the headlight washers the 5 speed has not
  19. Matthewtnh

Thanks Aido ! You’re right, 5 speed 192 BHP, how can you tell ? Cloth interior ?
  20. Aido 8

Ahh lovely clean 5 speed by the look of it, Enjoy happy rotoring
  21. Matthewtnh

Hey ! So here's my RX-8 at the moment, they alloys are currently in getting a refurb and respray in gloss black at the moment so I haven't gotten a chance to give a full deep wash, wax and hoover etc and get some photos. I gave a quick hoover and window clean but nothing extensive. Here's how she sits at the moment !
  22. Aido 8

New to RX8

Welcome to the forum ^^^ what he said ,pics of Ziggy please
  23. TheLedge

New to RX8

Welcome Mike, post some pics, we love pics.
  24. Mike

New to RX8

Hello all. First rx8 and having a great time driving the car.Black and named Ziggy.Had one episode of flooding the engine but got it started again phew. Looking forward to being involved in the forum. Thanks.
  25. Aido 8

Aye Congrats on buying your first rotary and welcome to the forum. There is no telling on how long your engine will last, its just the luck of the draw. With a bit of luck you may never need a rebuild. Yes its more than likely your cat. You have to check the dipstick for a oil level reading, as the oil gauge is for oil pressure. Do post pics of your new car mate
  26. Matthewtnh

Hi Everyone, I've just bought my first rotary engine in my RX8, 2005, two previous owners (1 in Northern Irel. and then the person I bought it off). the guy i bought it off got it in 2008 when it was just 3 yrs old and has had it the past 11 yrs. Clock is @ 96,600 Klms and people are telling me that it's time to get the engine redone. thoughts on this ? From the guy I bought it off (early 50's) had told me it was the family car until he needed something bigger. there are two invoices for previous services and the NCT certificates go right back to 2010. The cat has been taken out of the car and there is a smell of petrol in the car (which i had heard if the cat is deleted), slight underbody rust (just surface rust, can be wire brushed and coated) Also, does the oil gauge in the cluster tell me temp or oil level ? Hopefully this page will help me with my ownership of the RX8 ! Thanks
  27. Hi Guys, I curious to know how many of you on here plan on keeping your rotarys for good. I plan to keep my RX8 and feel I will never give it up no matter what.. The reason I am asking is I have discovered 2 people especially one that I would have never, never ever have guessed is seriously planning on selling his RX8. Hope Im not going to be the only rotary owner on my own on here in the coming years lol
  1. Load more activity