All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Allaking

R3 in ireland

Might their be a way of re-registering her but on an 08 plate? Like maybe a crashed 08 rx or summit? Obviously I mean hypothetically
  3. Yesterday
  4. Dartz

"Panda" RX8 on the M11

Driving South on the new M11 about 8pm on Friday - passed someone in a black RX8 fitted with a big wing, a fairly deep exhaust note and a distinctive white front and rear bodykit. Anybody we know here?
  5. Last week
  6. Aido 8

R3 in ireland

Yah mate its a bummer crazy shits no doubt. Motor tax is calculated based on the engine size for private vehicles registered before the 1st July 2008 in Ireland. If a vehicle is registered on or after the 1st July 2008 then the motor tax is based on the CO2 emmission levels. Im a fraid rotaries are in Band G so thats €2,350 a year. Chart below for vehicles registered on or after the 1st July 2008 where the motor tax is based on the CO2 emmission levels. BAND CO2 EMISSIONS ANNUAL HALF-YEAR QUARTERLY A0 0 €120 €66 €33 A1 1 – 80g/km €170 €94 €48 A2 81 – 100g/km €180 €99 €50 A3 101 – 110g/km €190 €105 €53 A4 111 – 120g/km €200 €111 €56 B1 121 – 130g/km €270 €149 €76 B2 131 – 140g/km €280 €155 €79 C 141 – 155g/km €390 €216 €110 D 156 – 170g/km €570 €316 €161 E 171 – 190g/km €750 €416 €211 F 191 – 225g/km €1,200 €666 €339 G 225g/km or higher €2,350 €1,304 €663
  7. Allaking

R3 in ireland

Really €2350 just to tax it! Why so much? Bloody hell! Dammit was looking forward to bringing her home
  8. TheLedge

R3 in ireland

You may get better money if sold in the North, but would need compression results
  9. Aido 8

R3 in ireland

Hi, Looks like a 59 plate you have there, so just my opinion but there is no market for it here. Try and sell it in the uk as much better chance by far to get a fair price. Reason I say all this is the annual tax for it here is €2350. No one will want that headache. Little info in the link below http://www.mywheels.ie/motor-tax-rates-ireland/
  10. Allaking

R3 in ireland

Hey all, so I have a Pearl white RX8 R3, recently had an engine rebuild by rotary revs here in the uk. I’m planning on moving home to Ireland and maybe selling it... how much they getting over there? Not gonna lie, she needs a tiny bit of work, bearings that kinda thing, she’s been say for 12 months. Stunning looking car, will have around 70k on her when I get her home
  11. Earlier
  12. Dartz

What Have You Done to Your RX Today?

Managed a hot start at somnething like 90rpm. Somehow. Complete with a dead cell on the battery. It ground over like it was in treacle, caught on a chamber by chance and stuttered to life. These D585's are still a brute. Didn't crank at all on the next key-turn. It was fucked by then. Of course, some Leaf nut in the carpark just had to point out that I wouldn't have to worry about problems like that. Yes - no electric car was ever stranded by a dead battery.
  13. Any of ye up for calling in the carshow in rosegreen on Sunday after yer drive its for a gud cause
  14. Hi guys I’m new to the forums I currently don’t have a rx7 but would love to have one in the next couple of years. I was looking for advice I’m 24 now and wanted to know would I be best off buying a rolling shell rx7 in the next couple of weeks which needs a engine and gearbox, and then over the next 2-4 years do my best to get it build to a driving rx7. Also how much would you guys reckon who know these cars would you need to spend to have it complete? and on the other hand do I wait 3-4 years and try get one that runs and might need some work that would cost by today’s market 15-20k, and by then who knows how much one would cost Thanks guys Dylan
  15. Aido 8

What Have You Done to Your RX Today?

So I collected my car from Mazda Sligo this evening for getting the the recalls done AHO23A, AHO22A AND AJ046E. They also told me they washed the car, informed of no codes, discs and pads are good and car in good shape which was very nice of them.. To my surprise they said that they had put in a all new fuel pump kit and it was not a part for the fuel pump as that what I thought they were going to do. So not a bad experience at all, thank you Mazda Sligo
  16. jp

Rx8 Insurance as 2nd Car

Try Campion & also try Autoline up North.
  17. I would think yes as for me that would be the best part of the weekend, only I have to be back for work Sunday as I would defo be doing it. Did you ask on FB??
  18. Cathal O' Sullivan

Late 2003 Rx8 for breaking

Full red Rx8 for breaking 77000 on clock parked few years everything there 1.3 twin rotary lsd 6 speed box full leather black and red in color message me on Facebook for photos or information cars located in Ashford co limerick
  19. Awesome Carl, I have no doubt I will be glad of you in the future for advice on here, glad your back mate
  20. Been taken easy with the new engine rebuild. Since the guys in Shadow sorted me out I've been taken it easy RX8 wise. Only put 5467km on the new rebuild engine with 6 oil changes. Missed the banker on the forum. I'm back now to give whatever input I can. Just realised I'm an RX8 owner for 6 years now and I have info to share.[emoji2957] Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
  21. Aido 8

Rx8 Insurance as 2nd Car

Cool do keep us posted on here
  22. You have been of the scene for quite awhile and badly missed here tbh. Yah as these cars are pushing on in age rust will be the war for us all. Yup mate will get pics up
  23. TomDurkan

Rx8 Insurance as 2nd Car

Thanks man I’ll take a look on the FB. I believe Carole and Nash insure “modern classics” in the UK gonna give them a bell Monday and see. I’m in no panic have her spot the road for 3 months anyway! Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. For sure. Been off the scene for a long time. The sills are fubar! NCT guy advised me last November to get them sorted are they won't pass November 2019 NCT. Any who! Send lots of pics of the day[emoji106][emoji106] Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
  25. Aido 8

Rx8 Insurance as 2nd Car

Your experience was much the same as mine. When I tried to ensure both cars they want me to take out a separate insurance on the 8 so 2 separate insurances which would be something like €800 for both cars. I have my 8 as a summer car now so I did not keep it as a weekend car. Also we have a Irish Rotary Facebook page so you might get more info and reply there as there is more views on FB.
  1. Load more activity