Waffle

Are power FC ecu's universal?

Im guessing you mean, can you buy a supra or skyline power fc and just use a different harness?

No you can not, the injectors on an fd are staged. You won't have any transition between primaries and secondaries with another power fc.

If your running twin turbos it will screw it up as well as other car power fcs won't have the functionality to control the rx7 twins in sequential mode).

Google power fc facts by dale clark and download the PDF. It will give you most of the info you need to know. From what I remember there's three types of PFC for the 7. An 8 bit version for series VI and a 16 bit for series VII in 97 and changed again in 99 (16 bit also). I think the 8 bit can be adapted to the harness of an FC with a lot of additional work.

The commanders come in oled and the older non oled and are universal. Just make sure the serial number of the PFC is right for your car

Google power fc facts by dale clark and download the PDF. It will give you most of the info you need to know. From what I remember there's three types of PFC for the 7. An 8 bit version for series VI and a 16 bit for series VII in 97 and changed again in 99 (16 bit also). I think the 8 bit can be adapted to the harness of an FC with a lot of additional work.

The commanders come in oled and the older non oled and are universal. Just make sure the serial number of the PFC is right for your car

^^ What Laned said.

For the ultimate guide to PowerFCs: http://www.paulr33.com/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm

And for the part numbers, check out page 8 on this: http://www.banzai-racing.com/store_instructions/PowerFC_FAQ.pdf