Sign in to follow this  
Dartz

Woopsie.

6000rpm is not something a Megane 1.5dci is meant to do. Had the shoe down in 4th, brought it to 4000rpm (eventually) and went for 5th. Got 3rd instead. It went off the scale making a horrendous noise in the brief instant before I managed to get the clutch in, but kept running on once I found the right gear. It made it home, and was apparently none the worse for wear. It felt fine. That was a few days ago. I was beginning to think I got away with it. This morning, the mammy's back pottering around in it going to and from the shops when she rings me up. The car just shuddered and cut out on her while she was driving it, and wouldn't even turn over anymore when she tried to start it. And I just feel sick. I'm guessing a valve met a piston just hard enough to bend it. And decided to wait a few days before dropping off into the bore. And while the car itself is still under warranty for now, someone's in for a surprise when the head gets pulled off. Bugger.

Huh..... Apparently, she put the thing in the wrong gear and it conked out. When she tried to start it, it errored the keycard. The other keycard worked. I suppose, that's lucky. And teaches me not to jump to conclusions based on what I hear on the phone from a panicking mammy.