Hey peeps I am having a few small issues. Everytime I post I get an error message saying that the site was unable to contact the server. It still posts my replies however. I am also having an issue with the watergrasshill thread. I cant load page no 2. Same error message. I also cannot upload an avatar at all no matter which way I try. I am viewing the forum on google chrome if that matters. Any help would be appreciated.

OK not sure where to post so I'm reading page 1 on a thread and then i click on page 2 and i keep getting this on all threads. Not a great picture but it says Unable to contact server please try again If this error code continues please contact the site adminstrator, so posting here just as easy.

I moved over from phpbb to vbulletin 5 about a year ago and I have to say I've never been as dissapointed with a piece of software as much as I have with this one. Vbulletin 4 was seen as the market leader in forum software and 5 was meant to be an improvement and introduce native mobile support. Not to mention it costs $400. A year later and all I seem to be doing is patching errors constantly. I feel I have no choice but to change to an alternative piece of software as the site here lately is gone beyond a joke. I feel really bad for the frustration caused over the last few months but I will pursue a solution that keeps everybody happy.

I appreciate that Aido, any issues brought to my attention are better than people struggling without my knowledge. the awkward thing is a lot of the issues do not affect administrators so i dont know about them until someone lets me know.

First of all i do like the new forum but since it changed i wasn't able to log in. Dont know if other people had this problem but iv reset my password and am now back online. At the moment im trying to attach some pics from my hard drive but cant find the attach button. If anyone can point me to it , it would be appreciated. Iv clicked numerous buttons at this stage and thought i would have found it. Thanks in advance

Thanks Ianed3 it took a bit of work to get here but we're not done yet! The photo upload feature is probably the only item not yet implemented and won't be for a while as we haven't yet decided what way we will do it. A lot of photos uploaded increase the space used on our server and may become an issue.

For the time being you can upload photos to photo bucket or similar site and link them in your post. They will then show up as normal.

In regards to the passwords, we moved the site to a new server and as a security measure we required that all passwords be reset. We sent an email to all registered users informing of this and will send another one out to people who have not logged on since the changes shortly.

If there's anything else I can help you with just let me know. Welcome back!

Jamie

Jamie, I like a lot of things on the new forum but every time I go to click "Like this" I get an error:

"

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

Now maybe I'm just playing with toys that aren't ready to be used but I sure don't like some pessimist telling me I've a quota on my positivity  :D

Hi Ger, my bad, was meant to be working but I had it turned off in supporting member group! :D  All sorted now. Thanks for that. If you see anything else just let me know.

The only Item that currently should be an issue is uploading photos directly to the site.

Good job, little hard to find replies to topics as the new topics shows only new threads that were created.

Old site used to bold the area where a new post was. As far as I'm aware the only way you can find new posts now is to look for date posted but I'm on nights so may be missing alot haha