Sign in to follow this  
bradster72

Life before the Rex

Re: Life before the Rex That's a beaut Ian. I was in dundrum there the other day and a lad was hockeying around the Carpark in what appeared to be a brand new TT S. Looked and sounded immense. It got me curious there, so i was on piston heads looking at the V6 version. However it's a lot of money to pay for only 50HP gain over the 8 and i'd be more inclined to go down the 350z route in this case! Appreciate you prefer your R3, but that TT is a beaut man. You are lucky to have owned two very nice jammers.

Re: Life before the Rex She's a nice car no doubt ger and the guy that bought it got the bloody deal of his life but I had to let it go cheaper than what I wanted because there was a few sniffing around the R3 and I wanted that car soooo badly I had no choice.I probably sold the TT for about 5-6000K under market value but I made a few bob on the other side so that softened the blow a little bit The chap who bought it was a dead sound fella so at least I knew it was going to a good owner.Guess he felt the same way about the TT as I did about the R3 so it was a win-win in that respect.The TTS is a savage car Ger,I was considering one of those before the R3 but I just couldn't overlook the R3.I guess for me its the sheer exclusitivity of the R3 along with the looks and performance that does it for me. :P

Re: Life before the Rex TT has far more torques no doubt the R3 is only 159 ftlbs but drive wise there's no contest.The R3 wins every time,you know yourself rotaries are soooo smooth but if your talking from a standing start then the TT would chew the arse off the R3 all day long but the R3 would catch it and overtake it no bother. Redlining the R3 (and S1's) at 9000 is epic the TT just can't compete.Dont get me wrong Shes a quick car but for sheer driving fun and cornering ability the TT is a poor runner up everytime,you never think reading that I was a bit biased towards the rotaries would you?!! :wink:

Re: Life before the Rex haha not at all... ...nor did I predict your answer :mrgreen: Although let me tell you, those roads are slippy out there after the heat and then hard rain. DUnno what it's like in cork but I had a very 'hairy' moment there last night out in the countryside.

Re: Life before the Rex Ya?what happened?had a bit of a star fish clenching moment myself last week :roll: decided to test the handling of the Rex at speed into a corner,trying to be a smart arse with left foot braking,all I can say is thank Christ the DSC was on!!

Re: Life before the Rex YIKES Ian.... yeh left foot braking is a tough-ie. Ever try heel-toe in an 8? it's surprisingly difficult with short stumpy feet.... I came around a round about, went onto a road that's dead straight, gave it a bit of a burst (probably too sudden) and the wheels just spun up and car started to turn sideways towards a ditch. Just backed it off and didnt fight the steer and it straightened back up. heart sank to say the least.

Re: Life before the Rex lol Ger you did well to get out of that one!! regarding the heel/toeing its prerry hard in an 8 because the pedals are offset :roll: dont know why the designed them that way but they must have had their reasons

Re: Life before the Rex Did not know that. I suppose it's comfortable do drive convetionally. I should also mention that even if I COULD, i still wouldn't be able to heel-toe well anyway lol

Re: Life before the Rex oh i didnt doubt it for a second!! :wink: sur isint it a prerequisite of rotary ownership that said owners have that ability from birth!!! thats what seperates us from the mere mortal piston owners :D :wink:

Re: Life before the Rex I cant help been nosey but the reg plates on you car, are from a Sligo dealer and i never forgot thay phone number 071-91 58000 You hardly bought it in sligo?.