Sign in to follow this  
Test Drives Unltd

New Toyota GT-86 Auto/Paddle Shift 2.0ltr Coupe

Well as some of you are aware I am taking Delivery of another New Car again & I just love cars :twisted: So at the end of the Month on the 31st July all being well,I will collect my New GT-86 which does what the R3 Manual & Jazz Auto do all in one Car :twisted: Oh before any of you say I should of got a Manual one,the reason I didn't is that my left knee was on borrowed time pressing a clutch down & have since found out that my left knee is now very weak :( & had to give up Manual cars :cry: ,also the Road Tax on the Auto is only £175 which makes a big difference :!: Didn't buy the TRD Auto because all it is,is a expensive Body Kit & Exhaust System,that is about £5,500 worth & there is no extra power & whats more the Road Tax is £335 in the first year :!: :!: The only Options that I have chosen are as follows :- Decuma Dark Grey Mica/Metallic - £495.00 Custom Black Red Stitched Leather Trim - £1,600.00 Touch & Go Sat-Nav Software - £750.00 Rear Parking Sensors - £315.00 Aftermarket Extras via ebay :- Front & Rear Mudflap Guards Black Red Stitched Leather Centre Armrest Won't be doing many Mods to the car,because it's under a 5yr Warranty :!: Mod List Black Leather with Red Stitching Centre Armrest Pad - Waiting Fit - £104.99 Front & Rear Mudflap Guards - Waiting Fit - £50.99 Private Plates - Coming Soon Total Spent - £155.98 Photo's & Pictures will follow as soon as I got them on my Website & then I can put a Link up :-D

Re: New Toyota GT-86 Auto/Paddle Shift 2.0ltr Coupe Very very nice nigel :wink: been following your thread on the UKOC looking forward to the pics :D sweet looking cars but IMO a bit underpowered.Big change going from the R3 to the GT86 especially on the engine note.The auto box must be rare enough I would have thought? Get the pics up ASAP nige :twisted:

Re: New Toyota GT-86 Auto/Paddle Shift 2.0ltr Coupe On the GT-86 the power is spread across evenly,where as the R3 doesn't come alive until you are above 5,500 revs :!: The noise the car made was so nice & none of this having to add RB Air Intakes or Exhausts etc.... to get any noise out of the car :!: :!: The Auto Box has Launch Control on the +/- & Paddles which makes the car a fantastic drive :P It will of course be nice to get all the toys I take for granted in my Honda Jazz,which the R3 doesn't have like Heated Seats,USB & Electric Folding Door Mirrors etc........ But the best thing I am looking forward to is not worrying getting stuck in Traffic & having a lot of pain all down my left side from driving the R3 :P:P:P:P

Re: New Toyota GT-86 Auto/Paddle Shift 2.0ltr Coupe When i got my rx8 a guy that parks his celica near me was down in a shot asking me all sorts of questions about it. He now has a brown GT86.My turn to do the questions as if there is any quirkes worth telling you about with the toyota before you drive it out of the showroom he will know as he has it a good 6 months. Nice pics by the way.

Re: New Toyota GT-86 Auto/Paddle Shift 2.0ltr Coupe They are smashing cars. Really have to be seen in the flesh to appreciate it too but I had followed this car since it was first announced that Toyota and Subaru would be making them.. Congrats on your buy. Get a Borla or HKS exhaust for it :D Whopper!

Re: New Toyota GT-86 Auto/Paddle Shift 2.0ltr Coupe actually thats a good point ger !! never thought of that!! :roll: Rod on the UKOC had the fell pettit system fitted to his R3 but said it was too loud so just went with the catback instead which is what im hoping to get soon.Think theres a vid of it with the full system and with just the catback on there.Rod was saying it was waaaay too loud with the full system,gotta admit im with him on that.dont like it to be boy racer loud if im honest

Re: New Toyota GT-86 Auto/Paddle Shift 2.0ltr Coupe Ah yeh i've heard it alright. I've not heard it in the flesh though so hard to say but for the rx8 i'm very much into the borla. But in terms of the GT86, it's fantastic based on youtube vids.

Re: New Toyota GT-86 Auto/Paddle Shift 2.0ltr Coupe

At the moment I am happy with the noise that comes out the standard exhaust system :P
I don't accept this. No wait, I do... they sound CLASS! :mrgreen: congrats again.

Re: New Toyota GT-86 Auto/Paddle Shift 2.0ltr Coupe Was talking to Joe about his GT86 today and as ger said, there even better in the flesh really fine car. I explained to joe that a fellow rotorhead was purchasing a GT86 and should he know any little quirkes before he drives it out of the showroom. I explained that i bought several new toyotas and one had a fawlty ash tray, one had a loose winder on the seat, and the last new car Mitsubishi,when i pushed the Button on the dash to open the boot, the button went through the dash and disapared :) . To be honest i was annoyed as we only had the car a few days and that meant a drive bag to the dealers, 2 hours away :( . Anyway Joe said absolutely not a fault he is really happy with it,and explained further that he had his celica for 13 years with over 300,000 miles on the clock,and if its quarter as good hes laughing. He also added that he travels to dublin alot and that is about a 280 mile trip,= 50 euro in petrol....unbelievable So what can i say nigel the best built cars in the world are now even better :D .

Re: New Toyota GT-86 Auto/Paddle Shift 2.0ltr Coupe Agreed with everything except the last bit!! IMO Audi Make the best cars in terms of quality.Had a M2 TT before I bought the Rex and the quality on it bith inside and out was superb.No plasticky materials on the inside just all top notch stuff.Id probably still have it if it wasn't for the R3!!

Re: New Toyota GT-86 Auto/Paddle Shift 2.0ltr Coupe I need a drink, in all the posts on here never seen you disagree with anyone ian :lol: :wink: But on a serious note going by top gear and 5th gear that m2 great all round car for what it is. Really would like to say about Toyota. Owened a total of 5 over 22 years,unreal cars,mechanically unbreakable. WHEN i was 17 i had 1978, a1.6 model and a friend did an adjustment to it [opened fuel jet] i think.It was doing 7-12 mpg.Rear wheel drive it was a weapon. The torture that car sustained was criminal.I honestly could not make the car break down and after a good period of time i was ordered to take it off the road for reasons im not giving any prizes to anyone for guessing :P

Re: New Toyota GT-86 Auto/Paddle Shift 2.0ltr Coupe Wow aido 5 of them!!! Big Toyota fan bud!! :wink: engine wise they are pretty bullet proof but on the overall quality of the car I just think the materials they use could be better.Interesting to see if Toyota did a rotary would it have been more reliable than Mazdas efforts?!!.....can smell a new thread coming on!!!! :D

Re: New Toyota GT-86 Auto/Paddle Shift 2.0ltr Coupe Yes Ian i really fell in love with toyotas after that car. It actually was a second car as i had a Ford cortina rwd,dam thing always got new parts, and to put it mildly it was not a reliable car. looking forward to seeing pics of that new car Nigel.