• WEB
    • ALO
    • MAS
    • BUT
    • PER
    • GRO
    • ROS
    • HAM

Guys & Gals, Tried to get it rolling last year but I think it was too late. Anyway, post away all your F1 thoughts, news, gossip. Catch up after each race and enter our poll to see who you think will win the Drivers World Championship in 2013 The poll is only set for 60 days to allow a bit more visibility on who is on form this year. :smt006

Re: F1 2013 I don't know which I like more: -The thoughts of a (reasonably) level playing field & exciting season OR -VET having a puss on his face for not winning :twisted: :twisted: Alonso is who i'm rooting for. I've supported Ferrari my whole life. (I know it's like support Man Utd, easy, but I've always rooted for them). After that, it's Merc. I genuinely hope Hamilton does well this season and gets a win or two. Prior to his move I wasn't his biggest fan and I still don't like his media attitude a times, but yeh. Hopefully it goes well :D

Re: F1 2013 Hard to say who's going to win not because its far too early but theres so many who genuinely can. Myself im up for lotus this year really liked them 2 seasons ago but never had a ''favourite'' but wiith what kimi and romain showed last year (apart from romain crashing all the time) im confident they'll do really good this season. Would love to see Webber win a championship but I cant see that happening and also would love to see Massa win but again doubt it will happen. If I had to put money on it id say the same top 3 as last year will be top 3 again but in a different order. Anyone going to any this year? May be going to Germany myself not 100% sure yet though

Re: F1 2013 Tossing the idea of going to Italy or Germany myself. I've a lot on this year with trips so perhaps it's wishful thinking. My sis is in oz and seen the oz GP. The videos she sent were immense. I don't think vids or tv really capture how much of a beast these machines are. I'd love to go see one before the new v6 turbos come next year. The whaling V8s wil be no more

Re: F1 2013 0 people voted for RAI so far and he has won 1 race and was fastest in FP2 today. Malaysia the weekend. Who's everyones money on? I'm thinking it could be tight between VET and RAI. MAS seems on form too but I reckon ALO will have a better race. My money is on the same top 3 as last week, just unsure of the order. Also expecting force india to be good if it Rains.

Re: F1 2013 Im up for kimi but I really believe alonso will win this year. Was a good race but gutted for webber I hope he does the same to vetell sometime. Great to see mercedes do so well

Re: F1 2013 What does everyone think about the RBR situation today? I think vettel was right to pass. His car was performing better so why should he slow down just for the team?

Re: F1 2013 I think he was right to pass, only because this Team Orders thing is a load of horseshit. If he had not passed, then the race as a spectacle was over far before the end. Three of the top four not allowed to pass, with the other (Hamilton) not actually being able to pass. Absolute joke that its allowed. But Team Orders is in place, so it was poor form. It was agreed beforehand, and who's to say Webber wouldn't have drove more aggressively before that to try build his lead if he had thought Vettel was going to try and pass. In his mind, as long as Vettel was in second then he would be in first. Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot. Rosberg was more within his rights to pass Hamilton, but I guess he's building a good reputation as a great driver and a good 'boy' who does as he's told.

Re: F1 2013 TBH, I'm just flat out annoyed VET won. I really, really dislike this guy. He's a sore loser when he's in second and he's obnoxiously in everyones face with a win.....He's an amazing driver though and I won't try argue otherwise. I don't agree that he should have been in 2nd place though. If Mark had his engine mode in a lower position, then Mark should have turned his up and drove harder to defend and demonstrate his personal determination to win. Let them sort it all out after the race internally and lets have a Motor Race A lot of people lost respect for VET yesterday. I never had much in the first place but my respect actually went up. He wanted the win, and he went for it. He's no diff to prost, senna, schumacher... all the 'greats' who set records and were ruthless while doing it and that's why Mark is and always will be 2nd best to Vettel. I can't believe Vettel has to half hang his head in shame because he wanted a win so bad. You can definately argue that it was poor form and it was 'unsporting' from a team standpoint, but the motoracing fans would have been up in arms the way we were for HAM and ROS if VET held postion and was all over him...

Re: F1 2013 Well - a relatively tame race due to these tyres they are using... What are they made of, Cotton? I don't know which I hate more. F1 cars not driven to their limits, or VET on P1. If they change the compounds like hembry said, it could mean red bull run away with it AGAIN! All the need are durable tyres and they'll be gone with it. Either way I'm delighted ALO won. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Re: F1 2013 yeah quite a boring race but there isnt really much overtaking at that circuit compared to others. Great to see massa back on the podium and as always great to see kimi up there. There saying they'll have the tyres ''fixed'' by silverstone but as you said red bull will more than likely run away with it then possibly followed by lotus who always seem to manage their tyres really well. I kinda like the tyre situation as it is now it's a bit unpredictable. Im thinking mercedes will be in with a big chance of winning monaco who I dont know possibly lewis as I can't remember how nico has done there.

Re: F1 2013 Nico was 2nd at Monaco in 2012 and top 10 (I think) in 2011. So he'll be good. As will Lewis. I think it's inevitable that they will fight off mightier race paced cars like the lotus and Ferrari. But lets not forget that there's something about Webber and that circuit. He can lock it in for that weekend and produce red bull results. I'm hoping sebastians car fails tbh. Good god, he's like a spoiled brat. Did anyone see him looking at the times on Saturday after Quali? Where's the finger now?!

Re: F1 2013 Don't mind the attempt at an overtake but I'm all for Merc winning tbh. I'll take that as a 2nd best to ALO winning. I'm just hoping seb find's some more bad luck along the way to give us a bit of an interesting season. it's kind of inevitable that he will win the championship but hopefully by the last few races it will still be mathematically available to others. coughALOcough

Re: F1 2013 Tbh Ger I got bored of after Damon hill and schuey retired :roll: Used to love watching those to going at it and before them Prost and senna and even mansell to a lesser extent.That was real racing,none of this kers and all that shite

Re: F1 2013 I've no problem with the powertrains tbh. I think the KERS system is one of the most innovative things to come out of the sport and it's making it's way to production cars saving on fuel etc... I adored the schumacher days. But i'm a long time fan, I can't ever see me not watching. I'm just beyond bored of Sebastian Vettel and his arrogant index finger. He's a brat.

Re: F1 2013 Vettel is a knob head end of!! hes an arrogant prick,what happened with him and webber was bang out of order and the team are as bad as he is for letting it happen.Dude F1 is nothing like what it used to be,remember Prost and Senna going at it?Legendary!! Gotta disagree with you on the KERS ect,its not racing its just technology.It doesnt test a drivers skill.Take all the tech off a car and youll seperate the men from the boys.Ya im old skool but its racing in its purest form,you cant tell me the racing wasnt better back in the day

Re: F1 2013 Was never a fan of prost,but i have to say when Nigel and Ayrton went scraping man that was racing [clash of the titans] Really exciting stuff,man they would not give way to one another, wheel to wheel stuff. Id honestly say their familys must have been shiting it when they seen them going at it.

Re: F1 2013 Gotta disagree with your disagreement :P... F1 was always about being the pinnacle of automative design. Even back in the senna days when it was all about producing 1000HP turbo cars and mclaren won had one season where they won all but 1 or two GPs. It's an evolution of what it was 20 years ago. If anything the DRS is what you should dislike most, not KERS. As of this year all teams have KERS, nobody is disadvantaged in that regards, so it's all relative. It may be just techonology, but it won't be used if the driver doesn't get his ass in the car and race it.

Re: F1 2013 I'm with Ger. Tech has always been a big part of f1. At times even more so than now. ABS, active suspension, traction control, ground effect, fan cars! I think people tend to look back with rose tinted glasses. Last season was one of the best seasons in many years.

Re: F1 2013 2012 was brilliant! Sure Alonso had a 50 point lead for some time! You're right Ian, in with the people who can drive. ALO, RAI, BUT, HAM, VET... those lads won world championships because they were crap! :P:P:P:P If you take the technology out it, what will they race in? they'd be like flinstones...