Sign in to follow this  
rotor_dude

Profile page -

Re: Profile page - ^^^ no, thats in a different section, nothing to do with profile page :( plus email adress is already in that part. see if you can get an email address on left handside of your own profile page :) ie below - Contact - you get this E-mail address: MSNM/WLM: YIM: AIM: ICQ: Jabber: thanks glen

Re: Profile page - me thinks it might have to be an admin fix as when editing profile, there isnt an option for Email address above ICQ number: AOL Instant Messenger: WL/MSN Messenger: Yahoo Messenger: Jabber address: Website: Location: Occupation: Interests: Birthday: but the Email address option is on the profile page :roll: so guessing that might be why ?

Re: Profile page - Its not a bug or an issue - its by design. Its possible to enable the option to display everyones email address in the profile section but you won't thank me for it - you'll all end getting a bunch of spam into your inboxs (spambots crawling the site). Its an all or nothing setting and I don't intend turning on at any point.

Re: Profile page - what ive seen on some other forums, is it has the little rounded box with 'EMAIL' in it, ie like the 'profile' and 'pm' buttons on the bottom of your posts, icon_user_profile.gif and when you click it goes to a screen like a pm and you write your email and then it goes to your EMAIL i think it would be a great assest to the site, is it not for members to vote if they want it or not, rather than one persons decision ? also a trial would not be outta the question ? thanks

Re: Profile page - What you're referring to is the 'Users send e-mail via board' option which is turned off by default. I would rather not have the forum used as an email relay service, if you want to email people then do it direct. Private messaging is how we communicate one-on-one if required, complicating the board configuration with functionality that will likely receive little use if of no benefit in my view.

is it not for members to vote if they want it or not, rather than one persons decision ?
As always, I'm open to debate on changes to the forum, vote away. I take consensus seriously and will act on the wishes of the masses but just remember that we're not running a democracy either...

Re: Profile page - thanks for reply cj, i understand, what your saying, but for those not on internet much, other ways to communicate is nice personally i only use, phone or email, as im not on internet forums and dont use pm's to communicate so maybe a trial and see how it goes ? -- what is everyone elses thoughts ??? thanks