Sign in to follow this  

Re: Rx3 Finding one for sale now that would be your first challange,as for cost the rx3 is prob the most desirable of all the rotary powered mazdas so try Aus or NZ or USA and expect to pay big money even for a rough one,cheers.

Re: Rx3 not many if any in uk/ireland mostly full resto projects if you can find one, ive found one in ireland, but was a resto, but it was originally from england, best bet is New Zealand or Australia or Japan or get a LHD one converted to RHD i can source from NZ if wanted one, as have contact in Auckland City, NZ, for shipping, but your talking guesstimate of around 5-10K easy, plus shipping really depends on what specs you want the car, ie standard or modified, engine normally aspirated, ported or turbo'd, standard would be harder and more expensive to get, search nz, trade me for some ideas,

Re: Rx3 There was a supercharged one at the Galway cars and coffee in October, owned by a guy in Galway who brought it over with him from NZ. Sound out guy, real gent but Im very bad with names. Its was at Japfest loads, showroom quality. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6783&start=15#p49671 Edit: I updated my post to say NZ, not OZ, my bad. Heres a pic R26B took of it with more details. IMG_5298.jpgIMG_5325.jpg

Re: Rx3

the one james/jimbo has is the one i found, well found me, the one from down south is from NZ, hes a member on the site mark from RES-NZ built the motor for it, top bloke, i worked for him for a few years
Cool, its a savage yoke, would be great to see more of them in Ireland :)

Re: Rx3 yes it would, also dont forget the RX2, RX4, RX5 also :) rx2 has 4 different series/models rx4 has 3 different series/models so there is plenty to choose from :) also all the piston models you can put a rotary engine into, if you's really want one, i can get them from NZ

Re: Rx3 Ill let you know when I win the lotto... one can dream... I used to have a RWD 1980 Mazda 323 as a field car back in the 90s, great engine, always started, cant say much about the body though, lol. auto4.jpg

Re: Rx3 yes the FWD 323 have had a rotary engine fitted keeping it FWD, been different makes and model FWD with Rotary engine and FWD too not just mazda's also the 323 FWD have been cut and made into RWD with a rotary engine basically just about any make model, nz has fitted a rotary engine to it :) its so different over here, with the outlook of a rotary engine, compared to aus/nz. and you dont get the problems with rotary engines here in aus/nz ie RX8's, dont have the engine trouble, like here you really have to go to aus/nz for a rotary nationals or jamboree, it is well worth the trip :) ive posted some threads with nz nationals and pics etc, to see the old school and the new rx's too, i'll try an update the old school section, so you can see the different makes of mazda piston and rotary with rotary engines. they are cool wee cars thats for sure, power to weight is awesome, if yous see any of the cars listed in old school post the pictures you see in the correct thread please, it will help make people aware of old school and the older cars they can get here, but more so import from aus/nz/japan define worth it if you want something old school and way different to the norm.

yes the FWD 323 have had a rotary engine fitted keeping it FWD, been different makes and model FWD with Rotary engine and FWD too not just mazda's also the 323 FWD have been cut and made into RWD with a rotary engine
I must look into that at some stage. Might sacrifice the V6 in my Eunos Presso for a rotary :-D

its so different over here, with the outlook of a rotary engine, compared to aus/nz. and you dont get the problems with rotary engines here in aus/nz ie RX8's, dont have the engine trouble, like here
Why is this do you think? There seems to be so many horror stories over here about these motors. Yet in Australia everyone wants a rotor and there is no such horror associated with them? Is it a different approach to maintenance in Australia / NZ? Is it the higher price of these cars? Meaning less likely to fall into the wrong hands? I have noticed Europe has lots of cheaper older model FD's like early series 6 cars. Where as Australia has a lot more 99+ spec cars and prices have stayed higher there. I think this is due to import restrictions in Australia but there has to be more to it than this? I know a well known rotary builder here in Ireland told me about a lady who never did an oil change on her rx8 in 80,000 miles. She just kept 'topping it up' with oil. Then it broke haha. I wonder why? On the topic of RX2's I love this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ59oK73QHo Pretty happy my mum bought a house down near Phillip Island, going to take advantage of that and go racing down that 1 in the 240z and possibly rx7 in the future :)