Re: Rotary Chat Room We used to have a Chatbox but that's gone now I think due to lack of use..? (CJ can confirm/correct this) It was external to the forum on the main IR page so all the chat ended up going on in here instead. :-)

Re: Rotary Chat Room IRC was all the rage back in the mid '90's, thats oldskool interweb stuff! On a serious note, its a non-runner, theres no widespread appeal and it wouldn't get the use to justify the implementation effort.

Re: Rotary Chat Room

IRC was all the rage back in the mid '90's, thats oldskool interweb stuff! On a serious note, its a non-runner, theres no widespread appeal and it wouldn't get the use to justify the implementation effort.
+1 people always ask me to add it to my forum. But it's never really used - bar 1 or 2 people but then interest dies.

It's not used that much. If you're using noscript on firefox, you'll need to enable scripts on that page to get it to work. It's working for me right now, so it seems. But I was the only person in there.

Yes it should work on a desktop browser. May or may not work on mobile devices. It's a free licence chat room I have set up and has a limit of only 5 people max at a time. Doesn't really get much use but a few people have asked for it. I'll leave it for when the site gets busier (picks up around February) and see how it goes.

I've an idea....light bulb moment!

Why not put a notice up to say something on the lines of "Chat Room Meetings open every Wednesday between 8pm to midnight" as an idea.

That way folks will know that there's a good chance of cyber meet ups.

Bit like Cars & Coffee every 1st Sunday of a month, everyone knows that is always on. Could be another other day or times and see how it goes.

Edited by Chazz

sounds like a nice idea chazz but it costs extra for more than 5 people at a time. other "free" chat servers are poor and cant be seemlessly integrated to the site. They always seem like a poor afterthought. If there was enough interest id consider it but i just dont think were there yet. If i could get it working on mobiles it might be an option to replace the quick question facility that people are using the facebook page for.