R26B

Galway Cars & Coffee - Briarhill Shopping Centre -2nd Sunday

Due to the Clayton carpark not having space for us and the large gravel space they have being like a lunar testing ground, we're going to meet in the Briarhill Shopping Centre/Dunnes Stores car park. For those not familiar with the place, once you come off the motorway, take a right toward the racecourse and you'll see the shopping centre on your left. Entrance is left and left again. We can park at the back of the carpark, the area closest to the motorway and furthest from the entrance. This area is almost always empty. There is a decent coffee shop and plenty food options available there too. With a little luck, we'll have sunshine, if not, there is the underground carpark at the same shopping centre. See you there on Sunday.

Re: Cars & Coffee - Sun 19th Aug - Galway The aquarium was lovely but not really suitable I guess. Am hugely looking forward to this coming one, hopefully there will be a good mix :D 1. R26B 2. Yak

Re: Cars & Coffee - Sun 19th Aug - Galway Good turnout :D . A nice mix of old and new cars, was nice to meet the folks! I did a really lousy job of taking pictures. Hopefully Ian or someone else can help out :-D DSCN3894.jpg Ian's car was just so gorgeous, check out all the detail on the interior 8) DSCN3902.jpgDSCN3898.jpgDSCN3903.jpg Didn't get enough pics but I'm looking forward to the next one

Re: Cars & Coffee - Sun 19th Aug - Galway Ian - you baaaad bad man! How could you keep that beauty from us for so long??! :shock: 8) Mazdaspeed clocks, retrimmed interior (looks like carpets & all??), carbon seats... you must've been working on it for years to get it into that condition!!

Anyone know about the flocking in that dash? Where he got it done/how much etc.
Isn't that suade on the dash?

Re: Cars & Coffee - Sun 19th Aug - Galway Thanks for all the kind words lads, appreciate it. Here is a link to some more pics from the day: http://img856.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=img4329a.jpg Hope to see a few more rotary machines there next time. The Athlone C&C was on at the same time, so to avoid that in future, this meet will be on the 2nd Sunday of each month.

Re: Cars & Coffee - Sun 19th Aug - Galway Cheers JP, that'd be great. To anyone interested, the next meet is Sunday the 9th of September, same location, Briarhill Business Park. Don't feel bad if your not in a rotary, its not rotary specific, there will be a good mix of machines.

Re: Monthly Coffee & Cars Meet - Galway Quick reminder, the meet is on today at 11am, in Briarhill Business Park . Plenty time after to find a pub and watch the match. JP, yep, second Sunday from now on, cheers dude.

Re: Monthly Coffee & Cars Meet - Galway Great to meet more rotary nuts today, MCON and I popped up from Limerick and met Yak, R26B, Shannow and a few more sound out bunch of peeps. Took a few poor quality pics of some of the cars. The 3 RX7s lined there lined up for some sexy angles :) Hope the lads got better pics, I missed a few of the other cars,the RX8 was savage. Go on Galway! 090920121903.jpg090920121904.jpg090920121905.jpg090920121906.jpg090920121908.jpg090920121910.jpg090920121911.jpg090920121912.jpg

Re: Monthly Coffee & Cars Meet - Galway Nice to meet all of you yesterday, was good to have an aul natter and perv on the cars! Some serious machines there with a scary amount of work gone into them by a sound bunch of lads!! Don't know if I'd every have the dedication or even the time to be a bona fide car enthusiast but having seen the end result yesterday on the 3 Rx7's and the bulletproof Volvo hopefully it's something I'll be able to take up down the line! :smt038

Re: Monthly Coffee & Cars Meet - Galway Lookin good alright! Must try to get to the next one, have NCT and motor tax to sort in the next fortnight. Already got a rejection about changing the tax, from the ex-Mazda dealers in Sligo, but at least now I know the reason why its down as a 1744cc...

Re: Galway Coffee & Cars Meet - 2nd Sunday of every Month Its that time again, come along tomorrow for a chat, chance to warm up the car and give the people of Galway something to look at :) Same location, Briarhill Business Park, from 11am. Due to the cost of running a rotary, feel free to bring a flask of tea/coffee and a mountain of biscuits!

Re: Galway Coffee & Cars Meet - 2nd Sunday of every Month Would love to come to this! But this weekend of all weekends i'm on baby minding duty while my wife is on a weekend break in the north. Now while baby Catherine does actually love a spin in the RX (baby seat up front no bother!) i dont think she'd manage the round trip to Galway and back. Will deffo try and make this next month. Was so cool that all the lads came up to dublin last weekend i figure it's the least i can do!