Sign in to follow this  
fc3s

Gearbox

Re: Gearbox I heard that if you leave an fc gearbox in a garage with a 20b overnight, they'll have connected to each other by morning. Seriously-er though, I'm pretty sure I've heard of it being done, a guy on TeamEunos has done a few swaps on cosmo engines & gearboxes, I'm sure he's posted more about it but this is what I could find with a quick search;

the stock FC mission is good to just over 500 then it starts shredding 3rd gear. I have been looking at getting a dog gear set for the FC trans from Guru Racing Motorsport or PPG dog gear set. But have to cross that bridge after I break the 1st FC trans. right now I am not even sure Guru still makes parts. Last I check from PPG it was around $8500 and 3 months wait list. My Japanese friends are leaning to a supra transmission. but I don't know if the supra 6 speed box would take the 700 goal too. I cant see running 700hp often' date=' Okinawa is small island with no place to really even open it up. We dont even have a 1/4 mile track.[/quote']

Re: Gearbox

anyway the fc box is stronger than the fd box
Quick question: I've read this before but never seen any evidence to support it - how do you know the FC box is stronger than the FD box? Have you an article on it or have you opened each of them up to see what their composition is? I'm not being argumentative by the way, just genuinely want to know.

Quick question: I've read this before but never seen any evidence to support it - how do you know the FC box is stronger than the FD box? Have you an article on it or have you opened each of them up to see what their composition is? I'm not being argumentative by the way, just genuinely want to know.
well jp i have been to rotorstock a few times and and any of the 20b cosmos that have been converted to manual all used fc gearbox,s thats one example. You see my main interest in cars is drag racing and especially rotary powered drag cars so i would spend a lot of time on rx7.coms rotary drag racing section and am lucky to have attended a couple of import events in the USA.So guys who build drag cars from old mazdas and nissans and cant afford exoctic gearbox,s tend to use an fc box because they are very strong.I seen a 13b powered nissan 100A run 8.5 sec 160 mph on a stock fc box.The fd box tends to break the output shaft on hard launch,s.So for drag racing anyway the fc box is better!I hope this helps,cheers.

well jp i have been to rotorstock a few times and and any of the 20b cosmos that have been converted to manual all used fc gearbox,s thats one example. You see my main interest in cars is drag racing and especially rotary powered drag cars so i would spend a lot of time on rx7.coms rotary drag racing section and am lucky to have attended a couple of import events in the USA.So guys who build drag cars from old mazdas and nissans and cant afford exoctic gearbox,s tend to use an fc box because they are very strong.I seen a 13b powered nissan 100A run 8.5 sec 160 mph on a stock fc box.The fd box tends to break the output shaft on hard launch,s.So for drag racing anyway the fc box is better!I hope this helps,cheers.
Nice one. Good to know. Would have loved to see that 100A. Sounds epic :lol:

Sound Rotormouse - thanks for that bit of insight. :smt023 Even if you've not done it yourself at least you've witnessed/read up on it & talked to people who have done the above - as I said just looking for the facts with some sort of supporting evidence or experience as opposed the usual "facts" that we all see people post like "all rotaries have to be rebuilt at 50K". :roll: facepalm.gif