snowyrx7

has anyone changed their tax to 1.3

as far as i know you just get a registered mechanic to say on a letter he converted your engine , i know poeple have done it but ime sure if ur in a crash u wont be proparly insured ?????

how wud they know cliffo?? did sum rexs not come come in as 1.3? also i reckon if ya ever did hav a tip an acessor wudnt hav a clue about a rotary engine and prob jus go with watever was on logbook ha ha

RF111 I changed mine to 1.3. You need to complete RF111 and have section 5 stamped by a garage. Hand it into local tax office and they will change the tax on their system there. Keep it insured as a 1.7 2.3 2.6 or whatever class you currently have it insured under. Imports are classed by insurers as 2.3 and UK spec are 2.6 https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/RF111_en.pdf

What about the date engine fitted? Bend the truth and use today's date, or use the date the car was built? Anyway all these questions will be answered if you guys manage to get the lower tax rate. Can't do mine yet as I won't have an NCT until March (hopefully).

How to find your engine number - its on the top of the front-plate of the block to the rear of & underneath the alternator: RotaryEngineNumberLocation01.jpg Zoom in to here - you can sort of make out where there are numbers lightly etched into the block above the torch, to the right of the blue hose RotaryEngineNumberLocation02.jpg Get your RF111 form filled out with the above details among others, get it stamped & signed by a garage, then go to the tax office & you'll get something that looks like this: CheapTaxFTW.jpg Result. :smt023

A friend of mine who's based in Kilcullen, he had a look over it, saw the sticker that says "654cc x2" on the bonnet, made sure there wasn't anything dodgy about it & signed/stamped it there & then. He'll only ever put his name to something that's legit and this is a 1308cc engine so happy-days for me. :-) Any garage should be able to do it for you, it's just a case of them going "Yes I confirm that there is some evidence to say what the CC of your current engine is. What's the engine number? What's the chassis number? Grand job." They sign, stamp, & away you go to the tax office.

well lads ime headin off tomorow to (try) and get mine sorted and for the love of god i cant see the feckin engine number is it anywhere else ?? gonna head to my local mazda dealer and see if he"ll sort me out hopefully it works , ile let ya"s know :-D

well lads ime headin off tomorow to (try) and get mine sorted and for the love of god i cant see the feckin engine number is it anywhere else ?? gonna head to my local mazda dealer and see if he"ll sort me out hopefully it works ' date=' ile let ya"s know :-D[/quote'] It may be covered in oil or engine-bay dirt (and bare in mind it's only a lightly-etched stamp so easily covered) but if you follow the photos I've posted above you should see it - it's a very specific angle though so you may want to have the laptop screen or printed photos beside you for reference to find it.

i got t form 4 dis but have a few questions wat do i put down as new egine number coz if i use t original number dats on t tax book will it show up on dere system dat i didn't change t engine and do u get a new tax book when u do change cheers 4 any info

Engine number I have yet to see a jap import car with the correct engine number stamped on the log book.. I have seen part of the chassie number listed there instead. Take a look at your log book and compare the numbers on it.

i can't c my engine number on t engine on t log book my engine number is just t vin number backwards minus t first number will have a better look at t engine cheers seb

well i got the form stamped by mazda today so ime gonna have another bash at the engine number now , and and do i just make up a date where it says date engine fitted??
just got me number it is tricky to find :D sprayed a little water down first and it just appeared in the dust :lol: so ime off to the tax office first thing monday :D