Sign in to follow this  
gl

jc cosmo meet in nsw

rare.. Even in rotary mad Australia a Cosmo is a rare car to see. I've seen a few kicking about in Melbourne. However they are quite expensive and I believe not that easy to import. Never seen a yellow 1 before, is that a standard colour for them? I'm guessing it was resprayed. Also did they all come in auto stock or were they available in 5-speed? Seems they are all auto. Shame Mazda never used the 20B in anything else, then again fuel consumption and other issues relegated it to a family saloon style car.

Re: rare..

Never seen a yellow 1 before, is that a standard colour for them? I'm guessing it was resprayed. Also did they all come in auto stock or were they available in 5-speed? Seems they are all auto.
Far as i know they were available new in yellow, but a slightly different shade than the one in the pics, also the factory bodykit wouldn't have been yellow originally so it most likely has been resprayed. They were all auto stock, at the time there weren't many manual boxes that could handle the torque. A few of the guys in Aus have fitted manual boxes but have had to replace them more than once. The jatco 4ecat box that's in them can be used just like a manual in "hold" mode. Press the hold button in 1st gear, move to 2nd, 3rd and then press the hold button again for 4th, so it has all the feel of a manual box only there's no need to clutch. Takes a bit of concentration though, which can be hard when trying to keep an eye on the road ahead.

Re: jc cosmo meet in nsw Well! I find your site by accident only to find the first thread is quoting me! Hi all, I'm Kramer and I have the light blue Cosmo in the pics of the cruise above. That was a cruise to the Hunter Valley Wine area and we are at Tyrells winery with the Broken back range behind us. I've had my car since 2003 and is an early Series 1 - it turns 21 next week by manufacture date! It's an ECCS 20b with some polishing and some low profile mods with 19" rubber. Currently I'm about to put some XYZ custom big brakes on, install an RE Amemiya computer, put in a twin turbo boost controller, change all the water hoses over, change both thermostats n whatever else find when I'm underneath it! 60258_473241710406_557155406_6629992_3481058_n.jpg58916_473242340406_557155406_6630016_1864260_n.jpglittle1636.jpglittleladdermotor.jpg And this is my daily driver :)IMAGE_256.jpg Kramer

Welcome Kramer... I'm in Oz almost 2 months now and been working in Newcastle for the last 4 weeks now almost... Seen a few rotaries around but not seen either of yours yet... I'll have to keep my eyes well peeled for them both... :-D

Nice work on the brakes, and you finally found a set of wheels to clear them, looks really well, colours and sizes all suit the car very well. Do you have coilovers on your car? (sits down nicely on the 18s)

Re:

Nice work on the brakes' date=' and you finally found a set of wheels to clear them, looks really well, colours and sizes all suit the car very well. Do you have coilovers on your car? (sits down nicely on the 18s)[/quote'] I hadn't noticed there was a question on this one! Yes the car has coilovers! It's away at the moment with "asthma" problems. A lot of the guys in Australia have had problems with exhaust leaks. This is usually from 1or 2 causes. The exhaust manifold has a design flaw in that it fits a little to snuggly on the mounting bolts. With the exhaust temperatures and expansion, the manifold will develop a crack right in the middle as it pulls itself apart. The other problem is the same cause, heat and expansion with the manifold sitting on the bolts too tightly, but the opposite failure - the manifold bolts shear off! The mechanic I'm getting to do it has done several cars now and he tells me three bolts have failed and the manifold is cracked too! There is a couple of simple cures: Firstly, Replace all the manifold bolts and nuts - they are literally single use and throw away And secondly, drill the outside four holes (not the middle two) out by 1mm each, and centre punch a small random pattern of dents arind the known crack zone. It limits and stops a crack spreading if it occurs. Oh and while it's apart, hi flowing the large turbo with the addition of some after market slippery bearings. This will still leave other standard components in place like injectors, with just the addition of the upgraded RE Amemiya computer. Can't wait t get it back next week! Kramer