CJ

How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance?

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? Don't mean to make anyone sick sorry :shock: , but do yous haggle with the insurance company? Prices always drop at least 300 euro from me taking my time and shopping around.

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? I do it all the time same as on my boyfriends policy we have noticed that they usually go down twice the price they originally quote you. So we haggle big first time then second time we just say another place will do it 50 cheaper. Works like a charm :) Good luck

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? Age: 27 NCB: 5 years (named) - first insurance in my own name Points: 0 Company: Aviva.ie Excess: €600 Cover type: Fully Comp Additional named drivers: +1 (the missus) Premium: €560

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? ger i was gonna suggest liberty as im with them and find them really good.I too had a little eh incident 5 years ago..enough said!! anyways i got fully comp for 690 which is really good considering.btw Im 40 full irish license 2 points 5 years NCB 250 excess the policy includes NCB protection,windscreen cover.european cover for 93 days which is handy because im heading to holland soon,so all in all i think its a great price and a good policy

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance?

I too had a little eh incident 5 years ago
@bradster72 - if I were you, I'd think about editing your previous post. If you're saying what I think you're saying then its of no benefit to you to have this info in the public domain.

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance?

@bradster72 - if I were you, I'd think about editing your previous post. If you're saying what I think you're saying then its of no benefit to you to have this info in the public domain.
Yeah..I remember that story Ian, where someone had a few beers, walked out in front of ur car an ya had to swerve to avoid hittin em, but clipped another car in the process. ..Somethin like that anyways :smt002

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? haha, now i'm getting really nosey and want to know what Ian said in the first place :P Yeh insurance is up in a few months now but reckon i'll have at least another year till i'm back on track.

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? Age: 31 NCB: 2 years Points: 2 Company: XS Direct Excess: 3000e Cover type: Fully Comp Additional named drivers: 0 Premium: €786 It was only one company who wants to insure Rx8 for me, my old company Liberty is not insuring Rx 8`s and 7`s at all :shock:

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? @mihu,only just spotted your post now.Cant believe your excess is 3K FFS!! Im with liberty and they are insuring RX8's.If your ins is due soon get a quote from them your excess will be around €300 which is a tenth of what it is now!! Yoy do realise that by having an excess of 3K should anything happen (god forbid) to your car you'll probably end up scrapping it!!

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? hi Ian, unfortunarely i had a mishap in 2011 and i'm building up my NCB and this was the best I could get given my age and driving exp. These are the terms and conditions. EDIT: I tried liberty and they wouldn't quote me. And i'm actually quite happy with this as it was 1100 last year! Before my mishap I had another rx8 and that was 1300(!!) to insure when I was 24... so i think 740 is doing OK.

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? Renewed the insurance last week. Age:30 NCB:6 years Points: 0 Company: 123 (RSA) Cover type: Fully Comp Additional named drivers: None Premium:412

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? €412!!! Absolute steal is right, I was paying more than that on an Octavia. My situation re: age, NCB, etc. is similar to that this year so hope I get a price like that come October.

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? HELP INSURANCE DOUBLED WITH NO CAUSE!! I am currently with 123.ie they sent me out my renewal which is due in 01 September. My insurance third party fire & theft has just doubled from €327 to €775 with no claims on my part. WTF :shock: I know price go up due to all the recent claims from others, but double with 5yrs no claims thats just disgraceful!! I've called around the the brokers like chill & First Ireland who try various different insurers and the best quote I am getting is €630 third part fire & theft with Right Insurance!! This increase is just pure extortion!! Has anybody renewed recently who had the same problem? Can any help with a cheaper Insurer ? RX8-190BHP Age:33 NCB:5 years Points: 0 Company: 123 (RSA) Cover type: Third Party fire & theft Additional named drivers: None Premium was €327 : Renewal : €775

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? I also went in as a new customer with 123.ie as was sugguested on this site by RexiGirl and the quote was coming in at €417 third part fire & theft and €530 full comp instead of €734!! Customer loylaty my ass :x !!! Still thats an increase of €100 from last year the more years no claim I get t he higher my insurance is going!! How Irish is that!! Plus I get the engine lower to 1300 which is what 123.ie class it as!! Dont know how you got fully comp for €400? OH 123 said the increse was due to the RSA changes in insurances rates Topper was that full comp lite or extra for €400 with 123.?