CJ

How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance?

Lets get an idea of what sort of money RX-8 owners are paying for insurance, I'll start it off: Age: 34 NCB: 6 years Points: 0 Company: Royal Sun Alliance (thru bestquote.ie) Excess: €200 Cover type: FC Additional named drivers: +1 Premium: €550 CJ

Have been insured with AA for years. Got my renewal notice 890 euro! Shopped around. Best price I got was with Insure.ie - 495 euro. Thats fully Comp. with an excess of 150 euro. Hope this helps.

Age: 22 NCB: 2 years Points: 0 Company: Allianz Excess: €200 Cover type: Fully Comp Additional named drivers: +0 Premium: €3500 I am in the midst of cancelling that, I got a much better price with 123.ie -half that infact.

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? Age: 33 NCB: 5 years Points: 0 Company: travellers insurance (thru sib.ie) Excess: €200 Cover type: FC Additional named drivers: +1 Premium: 750

Got my renewal today 748 fully comp off insure.ie paid 620 last year tied a few on line qoutes but alot of companies say they won't insure car any ideas By the way 30 years old license held 9 years 0 penalty points 6 years no claims

Try FirstIreland as suggested by PaulM above.....I got mine for €564 fully comp. When I rang them they knew RX8 immediately asking was it the 192 or the 231 (which it was). Found them excellent to deal with as well. My renewal from Zurich was €900 so about €350 saving, happy days.

1st year was €1000. Got it down to €660 this year :) Make sure when you call them that you tell them that the car is a 1.8L and you have the log book to confirm it. The girlfriend works for the AA and she said the RX8 is a 2.6L on their systems. Aviva (who I am with now) had the RX8 as a 2.6L on their system to. I call them and said I will send them a copy of the log book showing them it is a 1.8L and they agreed and reduced my premium and fixed their system :)

Brand new to the rotary engine club. . . My rx8 insurance was 1170 with Aviva. everywhere else quoted me 1600+ or else "NO!" i'm 24 with full license for 3 years and 5 years named driving experience. If Aviva are watching, i'd like to thank them personally for not making my life difficult. :-D

1st year was €1000. Got it down to €660 this year :) Make sure when you call them that you tell them that the car is a 1.8L and you have the log book to confirm it. The girlfriend works for the AA and she said the RX8 is a 2.6L on their systems. Aviva (who I am with now) had the RX8 as a 2.6L on their system to. I call them and said I will send them a copy of the log book showing them it is a 1.8L and they agreed and reduced my premium and fixed their system :)
Ament to that. My renewal was €668 this year, based on 2.6L engine. Rang them up(First Ireland) and emailed copy of the log book and its now down to €564 based on 1.7L engine. Wouldve expected to get more off but happy enough with that all the same

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? Age: 49 NCB: + 10 years Points: 0 Full NBC Excess: €200 Cover type: FC Additional named drivers: +1 Premium: €460 Colm

Re: How much do you pay for RX-8 insurance? Age: 21 NCB: 1 years Points: 0 Company: 123.ie Excess: €700 Cover type: Fully Comp Additional named drivers: +0 Premium: €3680