Sign in to follow this  
gl

jc rear suspension bushings

cosmo failed the nct recently due to a rocking in the rear wheels, after a bit of searching i found that the rear suspension bushings (or steel spherical bearings) are a common problem on the jc, there are 5 each side on the rear, on the link arms between the hub and the subframe (circled below) 1z6a0k6.jpg found the part no.s after a bit of digging, mostly on ausrotary.com, and mazda quoted me 110 euro each for the bushes and 20 each for the rubber grease boots, scary if all 10 needed to be replaced, so i got in touch with rhdjapan, gave them the part no.s and within a week, both parts were available on their site, within another week, i had them ifmkox.jpg23u8ocm.jpg bushing 61 each, seal 16 each after looking at these links under the car while i got someone to rattle the wheel, i couldn't see any play so i still didn't know how many or which ones needed replacing, so i booked it in for the test again and got the tester to show me, he told me it was the upper one on each hub so i went home and got started, disconnect the link arm from the hub 155neav.jpg2ii7per.jpg2wqrfpi.jpg remove the rubber seals abnt75.jpg remove the circlip 300xmqd.jpg35k7sx3.jpg i don't recommend using this type of circlip pliers, it was the only difficult part of the job and like any good tradesman, i blame the tool. the next tool made up for it though, worked a dream, the homemade bushpusher o7ksy8.jpgvgq55l.jpg out with the old, in with the new 29nussj.jpg2m49cev.jpg the old bush didn't have alot of play but could be twisted by hand unlike the new one. bushing greased up and pushed into place, re-used circlip, filled with grease and on with the seals 2ustx1h.jpg new and old, some of the seals came off in ok condition but i'd feel safer with new ones in 2wnnv3q.jpg fixed the wheel back on at this point and the rattle was still there, so on to the lower link, same process, different position r0nxbd.jpg ended up changing all 3 on the right hub and there's no more rattle, i'll get at the left hub tomorrow and book it in for a retest as soon as possible. hope this can save someone the searchin i did , it may be a help to fd owners too as they have some of this type of bushing aswell, i used one for practice.

REar Bushes Hi, This is the thread that led me to this site. Any chance I can get a dissasembled view of that bush pusher please? I need to put the equivelants into my FD?? Also what is the contact details for your supplier? the prices you quote are very good! Kramer

Hi Kramer and welcome to IrishRotary, don't think I have a disassembled view of the "bushpusher" but as far as I can remember it consisted of an m10x150 bolt, nut, washers, a 33mm socket on the big side and a 21mm socket on the small side. I've done this job on a few other cars since and found threaded bar can be better to use, just leaves you more options as to which sockets to use. RHDJapan still have the bushes listed on their site, here's a link; http://www.rhdjapan.com/mazda-oem-rear-lower-arm-rubber-bushing-jc3se-jcese-jc3s-jces-57854 and I think these are the ones for the fd; http://www.rhdjapan.com/mazda-oem-rear-pillow-ball-bushing-set-fd3s-23501 hope this helps