Sign in to follow this  
CJ

How much do you pay for insurance on your RX-7?

they must not be taking on any new customers with rx7s because they would not quote me.
AXA also told me they dont do rx7s, but when my girlefriend rang them there was no bother, whats that about :roll:

well im havin a bit of trouble gettin the car insured i bought fd4lifes car which is a 91 fd3s and have been gettin qoutes from 123.ie and rang them up and cause the car is a 91 they said they cant insure it which is ridiculous as i have rang up before and got insurance on an 94 fd3s has anybody got any ideas

cheers rotormouse that would be great i cant believe wat their doin there sayin cause the reg is a 91 its a different spec to the 92 or 93 and so on even though its the exact same model :evil:
They prob think its an fc not that it should matter but the fd did not officially start until 1992.

insurance trouble hey. i got my FD3S about a month ago... but its seems impossible to get insurance :S grrrr have 1year claim bonus i'm 21 have license since 2005 (hungarian) n nobody wants to insure me :( i got an offer for 6700 but thats way to much :( how did u get urs?? thank u

Re: insurance trouble

i'm 21
I reckon this is the biggest issue, younger drivers are often discrimated against in terms of insurance. Have you tried a few sources? How about bestquote.ie or brittoninsurance.com? CJ

zurich said they don do RX7 ... did u get true to them with broker????
Try the brokers I listed in my post, have a look back through this thread for more suggestions for companies who will insure the RX-7. A broker may be your best bet. CJ

Thanks mate, just tried Britton €2,261.96 for full comp - yeah right! 123.ie won't quote me because I have an Australian drivers licence and no official experience on Irish roads. Although I've hired cars and driven around the country for the past 2 years. Zurich are not open.

Thanks mate, just tried Britton €2,261.96 for full comp - yeah right! .
Better then what they guoted me first :D it wuz 7500 :D n few weeks later they called me, n said they can make it around 3500 :D hehehe

Car: FD Age: 28 NCB: 9 years Points: 2 Company: st pauls insurance. Excess: €250 Cover type: tpft Premium: €1041 thats trade insurance through o reilly cullen and campion only place the car isnt insured is outside my house. Was sick of two policies