Sign in to follow this  
Dentist

GPS Booster aka Repeater

Ever since I moved to UK two things bugging me, 1st, interent speed 2nd, GPS accuracy.
I was living in Hungary for 9 years and GPS accuracy was like 1 meter with life direction and no disconnection,
probably it increase my standards ;) internet speed and price was better in any measurable factor.

Cut to chase, the front windshields in general could attenuate GPS signal, due to be laminated or UV protectors. 
However, back windshield won't, and thats reason most of OEM GPS antenna's are located in back shelf or even best place on roof. 

49819015278_c3a5607793_b.jpgkit by Hans Delgosha, on Flickr

So, I purchase this simple kit and put it to test. I have to say I am totally surprise by outcome. 
I located the kit receiver antenna on factory mount plate on back shelf, car with factory sat nav equipped have it here. 
Note, the GPS antenna must be attached to metal plate as it use as antenna to increase its efficiency.
Then, route wire from central console toward front of dash, where it connected to repeater antenna and get ACC + from usb socket.
Again mount antenne on metal bar of dash. 

49819553611_98a7461ac7_z.jpgIMG_6841 by Hans Delgosha, on Flickr

49819015308_1a0abe8449_z.jpgIMG_6842 by Hans Delgosha, on Flickr

49819553571_e411ed6b34_z.jpgIMG_6843 by Hans Delgosha, on Flickr

49819015288_9589918bd8_z.jpgbeforeaftergps by Hans Delgosha, on Flickr
Here you can see comparison before and after. This method works for any GPS need in the car like my Nexus conversion as well as my phone.
Other option were like USB antenna for Nexus or Bluetooth GPS antenna.