Sign in to follow this  
GerSmith

Midpipe

Some F'er decided that my car no longer needed it's car and it would be better suit to his illegal needs, so he cut it off.

Looking to replace it with a midpipe since it will deter anyone from taking it again without the cat. Question is two fold:

• Does anyone have any recommendations? I have a toyo catback so just looking for a straight midpipe.
  • What are the implications at NCT if there's a visible midpipe and no cat present? Will they fail the visual?

I've had mine decatted for about 7 years and never had any issues with NCT.

I had a toyosports midpipe fitted and after about 5 years it developed a rattle. Whatever is in the resonator seemed to have broken down. I replaced it with a dual resonated Ryan Rotary Performance decat, which I still have fitted. It was a lot more expensive but sounds better. The toyo was always very tinny/raspy sounding around 3-4k rpm. The extra resonator in the RRP eliminates that.

13 minutes ago, muckwarrior said:

I've had mine decatted for about 7 years and never had any issues with NCT.

I had a toyosports midpipe fitted and after about 5 years it developed a rattle. Whatever is in the resonator seemed to have broken down. I replaced it with a dual resonated Ryan Rotary Performance decat, which I still have fitted. It was a lot more expensive but sounds better. The toyo was always very tinny/raspy sounding around 3-4k rpm. The extra resonator in the RRP eliminates that.

Thanks, dude.

Looks like they've discontinued that product a replaced it with a CAT now. Pricey, too.
I just seen toyosports do a couple. I might just take the hit on that. The toyo catback has served me well.