I run a forum for over 4 years and have been a Moderator for nearly 15 years for Google, there are ways to stop the spam types, not sure on the software layout for this host but most are similar. Jamie needs a moderator with the appropriate powers to help.

Yes I mentioned this about another moderator quite awhile ago but I got the feeling it was a non runner.

I am great full that there is a Irish forum and somebody to run it but in the same breath I fail to see if someone is responsible for it surely they should be willing to come on at least once a day to keep the forum tidy so to speak.

And im not having a pop just be nice to see the forum at least clean:)

We are actively trying to stop spam on the site, we have implemented many stops to prevent bots from signing up but the spammers are constantly signing up.

There are spam defense applications that we can implement but that comes at a financial cost. 

The forum already is a big money draw to me personally and with the popularity of the Facebook group, we are just not getting the numbers to make this viable. I have tried many different things over the years to make the site more attractive but it seems to have little consequence. 

Its a sign of the times we are in but forums are dying.