Matthewtnh

First Rotary I've ever owned

Hi Everyone,

I've just bought my first rotary engine in my RX8,

2005, two previous owners (1 in Northern Irel. and then the person I bought it off). the guy i bought it off got it in 2008 when it was just 3 yrs old and has had it the past 11 yrs. 

Clock is @ 96,600 Klms and people are telling me that it's time to get the engine redone. thoughts on this ? 

From the guy I bought it off (early 50's) had told me it was the family car until he needed something bigger. there are two invoices for previous services and the NCT certificates go right back to 2010. 

The cat has been taken out of the car and there is a smell of petrol in the car (which i had heard if the cat is deleted), slight underbody rust (just surface rust, can be wire brushed and coated) 

Also, does the oil gauge in the cluster tell me temp or oil level ?

Hopefully this page will help me with my ownership of the RX8 ! 

Thanks 

Aye Congrats on buying your first rotary and welcome to the forum.

There is no telling on how long your engine will last, its just the luck of the draw. With a bit of luck you may never need a rebuild.

Yes its more than likely your cat.

You have to check the dipstick for a oil level reading, as the oil gauge is for oil pressure.

Do post pics of your new car mate:)

Hey ! 

So here's my RX-8 at the moment, they alloys are currently in getting a refurb and respray in gloss black at the moment so I haven't gotten a chance to give a full deep wash, wax and hoover etc and get some photos. I gave a quick hoover and window clean but nothing extensive. Here's how she sits at the moment ! 

RX8 front.png