Jimmy

BHP Ireland Meet

Hey guys!

I know I'm new to this forum but I have been chatting to a couple of members here and on Facebook and have been told you guys enjoy the odd meet?!

Myself and a friend started BHP (Bring Hoon Play) Ireland a few months ago and so far it's going well but there is a serious lack of Rotary Cars at the meets. I have just got my hands on an RX8 and finally get why they are so addictive :) I'm also a BMW head ... mainly E36s - Don't hold that against me! We realised that bar the monthly coffee and cars meet there aren't many regular meets. SO we started BHP with the plan to meet up every 2 weeks in one location, have some coffee, food, get some photos taken and have the chats, then head off for a drive to a second location. Each location will be different and so far after 7 months (I think!) we haven't been to the same location twice ... until this week :) We are starting in Carrickmines Retail Park this Friday at 8pm and hopefully heading off at 9.30pm. See the Facebook link below. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/127995944450304/?acontext={"action_history"%3A"[{\"surface\"%3A\"page\"%2C\"mechanism\"%3A\"page_upcoming_events_card\"%2C\"extra_data\"%3A[]}]"%2C"has_source"%3Atrue}

I hope that link works! Our Facebook Page is BHP Ireland

We have one main rule at the meet which is simply no messing at each location. This is so we don't get banned from where we are meeting. We joined with another group a few weeks back and had around 50-60 cars in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and the night was a great success! 

I know the meet won't be anything like MazdaFest but I thought I'd invite some of you guys along as well!

Jimmy

Just to let everyone know that the day that the meet is held every 2 weeks do vary as we know some people can't always make certain days. 

Also if anyone has any locations they can suggest around Dublin/Wicklow that would work we will certainly consider it!

Jimmy

So who's the owner of the 06 RX8? Nice rotary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The red one or the grey one??

I own the grey one the red one wasn't there for longs ... didn't meet the guy.

The Red one! Yours looks great too! Yours looks gun metal grey in the photo
Personally the three best colours for the RX8 are Black, Gun metal grey and very dark Red!
Would have loved to go to the meet but my RX8 is sick. Waiting for Shadow Rotary to pick her up and fix her. Been off the road 3 months now and it's painful

The Red one! Yours looks great too! Yours looks gun metal grey in the photo
Personally the three best colours for the RX8 are Black, Gun metal grey and very dark Red!
Would have loved to go to the meet but my RX8 is sick. Waiting for Shadow Rotary to pick her up and fix her. Been off the road 3 months now and it's painful

Yeah man like the red too :) I have seen one going around that blue ... really like it!!

Well there's a meet every 2 weeks so plenty more to come!!

Hoping I don't need another rebuild as I've only clock 12,000 miles on her since the last rebuild 87 week ago

I haven't owned my 8 long enough yet to know the horror of a rebuild ... my 94 BMW (Lady Dainty) is an old stubborn bitch :) she refuses to break down :) I've tried to break so much! Lol!

2 hours ago, Chazz said:

So who's the owner of the 06 RX8? Nice rotary emoji106.pngemoji106.png

A nice chap on FB called thanoon thanoon, was for sale at one point but he might have changed his mind but she is a beauty no doubt Carl

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

So lads what kinda of other cars on here?? What can I hope to see at future meets? Just 7s and 8s or are there more hidden away??

There's two rew swapped 8's heading to Kirkistown from the Dublin area, and an rx3. There's at least two rx4's in the country and a cosmo (kind of) there's a triple rotor rx7 FD down the country nearing completion, a few FB's and FC's knocking around and there's a mk3 mx5 with a renesis engine in it and a working roof !!!

There's two rew swapped 8's heading to Kirkistown from the Dublin area, and an rx3. There's at least two rx4's in the country and a cosmo (kind of) there's a triple rotor rx7 FD down the country nearing completion, a few FB's and FC's knocking around and there's a mk3 mx5 with a renesis engine in it and a working roof !!!

Jaysus!

Hey guys, just to let you all know that we have a meet this Friday @ 8pm in Carrickmines Retail Park. All the organisers have been busy with work so we haven't been able to find a new location yet. ANYWAY! The link to the Facebook page is below and I hope to see more of you there :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/817289548437650/?acontext={"ref"%3A"3"%2C"ref_newsfeed_story_type"%3A"regular"%2C"feed_story_type"%3A"117"%2C"action_history"%3A"null"}

I hope that link works! 

Jimmy