jp

Quick show of hands: Christmas Karting Meet 2016 - 11th Dec Dublin area

Christmas Karting 2016  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Up for some karting this Christmas with a group of fellow rotorheads??

• Yep, I'm 100% game for Kylemore or any other Dublin/Surrounding Areas Karting on Sunday 11th December 2016.
    • I'm game for karting anywhere on the 11th - cause I'm awesomely flexible like that. 8)
    • I'd like to go karting in the above-mentioned areas but the date doesn't work for me (Please mention what date would suit in the comments).
    • I'd like to go karting on the 11th but the location doesn't work for me (Please specify alternative locations that may suit in the comments - bear in mind our members are all over this island).
    • I don't want to go karting but thank you kindly for the offer*. (*I smell of wee)
    • What has any of this got to do with the price of fish?!? (Please add fishy comments below)

Can I get a quick show of hands please: who'd be interested in a Christmas Karting Meet on Sunday 11th December in the likes of Kylemore Karting (who've recently got a new fleet of karts) if we booked it? Need to know in the coming 2-3 days (before Friday 2nd December) to even have a hope of getting a booking this close to Christmas I'd say so the quicker I've got a core group of peeps the better!

List of people who'd love a bit of sideways karting action at Christmas-time (who doesn't love the smell of 2-stroke in the morning??! B)) on Sunday 11th December in Dublin (or surrounding areas)

1) JP

2) Jamie @littlefeck

3) ...

Would love a spot of karting folks but realistically between work, family & other commitments, I'm gonna be a 'car club hermit' until after Christmas   :(

besides, couldn't bear to drive fast under the power of pistons - but by all means, go to the dark side you treacherous scumbags you. :angry:

List of people who'd love a bit of sideways karting action at Christmas-time (who doesn't love the smell of 2-stroke in the morning??! B)) on Sunday 11th December in Dublin (or surrounding areas)

1) JP

2) Littlefeck

3) PurelyRX8

4) seanmcg

5) ...

Need to know in the next day or so folks to guarantee a booking - I'd be aiming for 12 O'Clock & as of yesterday evening I know they have a few slots during that day.

Everyone is welcome to join us for food after the karting (I'll post up where we're going shortly) & after that we'll be heading off for a drive out of the city. :) It won't be a super-late day so people travelling a distance (including those from Limerick etc) will have plenty of time to get home at a leisurely pace as desired. ;)

Paddy on Facebook was suggesting The Grid in Carlow Town. He knows the owner well, who is a big car guy, and reckons he can get a good group deal with more kart time. There are also a lot of places in Carlow to grab some nice grub and a great spot for pictures close by.

Carlow Town is around 1.5h from Dub, 45m-1h from Kilkenny, same from Laois...so its relatively central.

What say ye?

If people are happy with this option of location I am too. :)

Need answers before tomorrow ideally though folks - need at least 10 confirmed that they're around & will go to make it happen so don't be shy, get your hands up! B) Does that mean you're around for it btw @JayoM?? ;)

1) JP

2) Littlefeck

3) PurelyRX8

4) seanmcg

5) ...

Anyone bringing their other halves? :)

Updated list from the FB page:

1) JP

2) Littlefeck

3) PurelyRX8

4) seanmcg

5) @lordderak

6) @MagicMan

7) @Rex Ruthor (Carlow option only)

8) @AndyJF (Carlow or Dublin or both?)

9) @Bradyy (Dublin or Carlow or both?)

10) @MCON (Dublin option only)

Maybes/awaiting confirmation...

@pikeynoodles @James Pike

Updated list:

1) JP

2) Littlefeck (Carlow Only)

3) PurelyRX8

4) seanmcg

5) Lordderak

6) MagicMan

7) Rex Ruthor (Carlow option only)

8) AndyJF

9) Bradyy

10) MCON (Dublin option only)

11) David O'Toole

12) April McCabe

Sooooo... it's €45/50 depending on what option we go for in Kylemore Karting; just waiting on prices back from @paddynova to confirm where it'll be as we've enough numbers for both now. :)