Australianstan

Good Samaritan in carrickmines

Was parked underground in carrickmines shopping centre yesterday, away from the crowd as I usually do to avoid getting any dings in the doors, came back to find a hand-scrawled note on the windscreen saying I had a leak of some kind. Started to panic thinking it was the oil lines again (had them replaced with racing beat lines last year) or maybe my front shock which needs replacing, so pushed the car back a bit and turned out to be a small pool of water from around centre-front, which had stopped by the time I got back. It was just water, not coolant, I tasted it! I presume this was just some trapped water in the sills or maybe something to do with the aircon? Anyway, many thanks to whoever decided to leave a note, but how on earth did you know it was leaking??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could've seen it at an angle when walking over to/past the car maybe..? Did you confirm there were no leaks after you turned the engine on again, yeah?

Nice of someone to do that! :)

Could've seen it at an angle when walking over to/past the car maybe..? Did you confirm there were no leaks after you turned the engine on again, yeah?

Nice of someone to do that!

That's true, or perhaps he heard it, I couldn't see anything coming from the engine bay after restarting and after 15 mins on the m50, will need to keep an eye out though! Taking it back to shadow next week to replace the shocks so will get Eoin to give it another check over

Likely to be the condenser from the air con I think it's located in front of the radiator so location would seem right. Might be a leak but a small amount of water is normal if the aircon has been on.

Thanks Rex, that's what I was hoping it would be, it seemed to be coming from around there and there wasn't much on the floor, aircon had been on full for about 15 mins, at least it wasn't oil or coolant!