Rex Ruthor

Japfest 2016 - September 25th Mondello

Hi all, 

I'm co-ordinating the rotary turn out for this year's japfest. If you're coming, it's a €10 entry once your car is displayed. We will have a section reserved but need to make sure there's enough room to avoid us getting split up and exposed to horrific piston driven monstrosities!!!

Can you call tel: 045 860200 and pre-book your space and post your name and 'paid' on this thread.

Cheers :)

event.

There will be plenty to see off-track with displays of Irelands best Modified Japanese cars an extensive trade village and other attractions

The show will also feature the finale of the 2016 Irish Drift Championship starring a field of international drift Superstars. Also on the bill will be the final round of the Irish Time-Attack championship, which will be the main supporting event.

JAPFEST SHOW AND SHINE 2016
To build on the incredible success last year, this year the show and shine area will be split in to 4 separate areas named after the 4 islands of Japan. Like all years, entry is just €10 for car and driver when you pre-book your spot, which you can do by calling 045 860200.

The 4 islands (areas) are:
Kyushu – Elite pre-booked cars (limited area for the top 15/30 cars) – To enter your car for consideration in this area, pre-book your spot and then please submit pictures of your car to info@mondellopark.ie with the subject line “elite Japfest

Shikoku – Top general entry display cars chosen by Show and Shine judges Autoglym, this area will be filled on the day with cars displaying their “Japfest 2016” stickers and those who have paid general entry.

Hokkaido – Pre – booked car clubs and websites. A designated area for clubs to set out their display. If cars from clubs and website displays are asked to be part of the “Shikoku” area, it’s at the drivers/clubs discretion whether they want to or not. 

Honshu – General Entry, non-booked display cars. Entrants who wish to display on the day. 

NOTE: Non Japanese cars WILL NOT be allowed display in the paddock during Japfest.

ATTRACTIONS

TRACK ACTION
The centerpiece of the Jap-Fest Track Action will be the finale of the 2016 Irish Drift Championship featuring a Star Studded entry list of Irish and International Drivers. The IDC Drift Championship will take place over two days with the Rookie and Semi-Pro drivers competing on Saturday and the Pro Drivers competing on Sunday.

IRELAND’S BEST MODIFIED JAP CARS
Jap-Fest attracts the most enthusiastic Japanese Car owners and the Mondello Park paddock will be full to brim of highly polished and beautifully presented standard and modified Japanese Cars of all vintages.

Cars for this area come from web sites, forums and individual owners, with all cars being vetted to ensure only the best of Ireland’s modified Japanese metal makes it into the show. Any car on display is also eligible for the Show ‘N’ Shine competition which will be judged by Autoglym.

CLUBS & WEBSITES
Ireland’s Japanese Car enthusiast’s will be out in force as part of the various Car Clubs, web sites and forums which display their cars at Jap-Fest. With a wide variety of Car Makes and Cultures represented there will be something for everyone and plenty of chances to connect with like minded Car enthusiasts. If you want to display at Japfest, give us a call on 045 860200

TRADE AREA
The Jap-Fest Trade area will have everything for the Modified Car fan including demonstrations throughout the weekend . If you wish to trade at Japfest, check out the “entry forms” section for more info.

———————————————————————

Hi guys, I'm coming down from Castlewellan Co Down and I thinking some of us could may be meet up somewhere in the north and then on to Dundalk or Drogheda early morning Saturday 24th Sept. This is so we can enter the grounds together and park along side each other and not get mixed up  

Let me know what you guys think or anybody interested in meeting up

Cheers Scott.

If it's anything like other events, you just have to be there by the designated time (usually says it on their website or when you're booking in) & you leave at the end of the day (but occasionally people have to leave so that's always possible too).

7 hours ago, rx7_chris said:

Do we have to be there the Friday night or anything for this? Are the cars stuck there until late Sunday night then?

Only booked the stand for Sunday itself, we'll be heading in early in the day and leaving whenever suits. It's not super formal

4 hours ago, Black said:

Hey guys I have been trying to enter my car for japfest but the number keeps comming up as not in service any ideas as how to enter my 8 for the rotary stand

Cheers 

There's a typo up top..

The correct number is the second number further down.

045 860 200

@Rex Ruthor

@Black