Soooo I have a feeling the bearing is gone in my turbo. I should have inspected it before now before mounting it to the engine.

There is an awful lot of play in the shaft. There was never an issue before I stripped the block but it could have been coming. 

Stock FC turbo is HT18s-2S.

Who would I get to rebuild it?

Cheers

I called into Assured Performance Ireland on my lunch break there to ask if they sell parts but don't have any kit on offer. They only do hands on work themselves. An estimate of 300-700 euro to rebuild. If that was the case I'd just go balls out and buy a big fuck off turbo. 

Ill keep looking around.

That guide above seams handy enough. Might end up buying the kit and rebuild it myself. 

So I got APi to inspect it ( even though they outsourced it )

Rebuild it would be 700 cos its an awkward turbo.

Asked about some sort of upgrade and tried to offer me a Garrett GTX35 jobbie for €1500. It woul dbe good for 600HP+. But I dont really want that. 

What are people opinions? 

Are there other alternatives you would recommend?

Just to mention that the rebuild from APi is basically everything in and on the turbo is new. Shafts, blades, bearings all new. Housings blasted clean inside and out. So it should be brand new basically

Im leaning towards this option

Just to update this, my FD twin turbos are currently in Portlaoise with a guy called Tom Cooney for a rebuild. Dropped them Friday, we'll see how it goes.

Not particularly interested in going single turbo

Sorry to update an old topic, only seeing that now but it may help other FC owners. The FC turbocharger shares some parts with a Garrett T03. I've changed the seals in mine, ordering a T03 rebuild kit in the UK for £19. Easy enough to do, cleaning is the most time consuming part..

Nico