We're Back! Read more... ×
Bradyy

Digital Compression Tester ?

Hey lads, just read this and looks like a great tool. Would be interested in one of these when it's finished if the price is right. Good luck with it

On 10 April 2016 at 0:16 PM, RichieDC said:

I too would like to echo what Mr Brady says above..  if ya need help with anything let me know.

I'm proficient in both Tea++ and Coffee basic.

Class!! Laughing out loud!!

On 3 May 2016 at 4:24 PM, littlefeck said:

Quick update - Still awaiting the sensor to arrive but have added a basic menu with the option to test a piston engine and also to select the type of rotary engine being tested as the compensation ratio varies on the engine being tested. Still very much a work in progress but getting closer! heres a video to show you the progress.

Holy Schnazballs I'm seriously impressed by that yoke. I'll buy one for sure. Top work buddy!!

Edited by ducman77

It takes the highest reading for each rotor face but currently has trouble if a rotor face has failed as it requires a minimum pressure to be registered. If this minimum is not reached then the incorrect rotor face gets recorded. This is the adapter I made up for the sensor.

20160707_163355.jpg

Havent been at this in quite a while as other things had in the way. I had to go back to the drawing board with design but am slowly getting there. as of right now it works on the bench! The arduino UNO just doesnt have the required processing power. hope to update more regularly.