Thanks Chazz, unfortunately I am the other side of the country with a borrowed car during the week, so I can't call in. 

I'll keep trying, but I really don't want to be pestering them all the time, it's just the only time I get any info is when I ring them, even though I was meant to be kept up to date with info, pics, etc...

3 hours ago, stevenmac said:

Thanks Chazz, unfortunately I am the other side of the country with a borrowed car during the week, so I can't call in. 

I'll keep trying, but I really don't want to be pestering them all the time, it's just the only time I get any info is when I ring them, even though I was meant to be kept up to date with info, pics, etc...

Ste I'm sure you're at the point of having nightmares about not getting her back, but for a little piece of mind I do the street porting up with the guys and I'm pretty sure your baby is the one that's being prepared for fitting this week. I put a lot of love into those plates so she should be singing a sweet song very soon. I can't give exact dates for the guys as I'm only up 1-2 times a week to work on the next port. I know Anthony was away for a week ans Eoin was on a backup phone the past 3 weeks after his went in water.

They were sourcing some parts locally the past while as the orders from Atkins and rotary aviation got caught up on import so I'd say that pushed a lot of builds forward a few weeks.

Anyway that's as much as I can fill ya in for the mo, but you can be sure work on your lady is in the final stages either way. Again I'd say give Anthony a bell to check in, he'd hate to think you'd be worrying about it, he can get ya a few pics of the ported plates to brighten up your day ;)

I couldn't get through to shadow for a month at one stage last year, really needed my coils replaced and didn't want to do it myself in case I shat all over it! I thought they were ignoring my calls but it turned out they were mega busy.

I love the guys in shadow, they do fabulous work. Looking forward to having a newly-rebuilt, ported engine, once mine gives up the ghost. But I think I might save a bit of extra cash to rent a car for my DD for at least a few months. Perfection takes time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's Lenard's phone number 087 387 0581

He did my rebuild last year. Very quick turnaround. No harm in checking if he does porting when the time comes Stan.

20 hours ago, Australianstan said:

I couldn't get through to shadow for a month at one stage last year, really needed my coils replaced and didn't want to do it myself in case I shat all over it! I thought they were ignoring my calls but it turned out they were mega busy.

I love the guys in shadow, they do fabulous work. Looking forward to having a newly-rebuilt, ported engine, once mine gives up the ghost. But I think I might save a bit of extra cash to rent a car for my DD for at least a few months. Perfection takes time...

Stan,

I'd look at getting a second engine, and let the lads port / rebuild it at their leisure, would probably be cheaper than renting a car for a few weeks.

Sean,

the lads had my car from the end of Sept. last year till early Jan this year, that said I would have had it back sooner had the first rebuild not detonated too, turned out to be a problem with the loom to the primary fuel injector on the front rotor, so not something the lads could have foreseen.

Mines not a daily driver so I didn't mind waiting although twice while it was off the road I could have done with having it around.

Anyway it was worth the wait as she's like a new car to drive.

I didn't get mine ported, but she's a much sweeter car to drive since the rebuild.

I'll be looking to get another engine next year to get ported, by the lads. 

Just hang in there, as it will be worth it in the long run.

As for not being able to get the lads, best off sending them a text, as they do work some strange hours by times, over nighters etc.

Got great news today. Car is done!!

Just to get up there now and get started on the run in. 

Diagnosis in the end was detonation on the rear rotor, caused by degradation after poss. overheating prior to me buying the car. Water pump was replaced before I bought it and they reckoned if it overheated at the time it would have caused the enough damage to reduce the lifespan but not enough to go straight away.

Just looking forward to having my car back

On a side note, speaking to Anthony today he did apologise that they have been mental busy the last few months , parts have been a pain to get in and a backlog of cars building up. My biggest concern was that mine was my daily driver up to failing, and I was having to borrow a car in the meantime, but sorted now and looking forward to picking it up

Excellent news indeed, ya know what they say.. good things come to those who wait ;)

I know what it's like first hand though, mine was my daily, and was off the road 9 months. But I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with the finished product, enjoy her buddy B)

Great news Steve.

you'll be smiling from ear to ear now, as has been said just take your time running her in, it won't be long before you can enjoy the magic. Mine is finally run in now and I can't wait to get a few good runs in, Beep, Beep, Beep :) on the way up, and pop, flame, pop flame on the way down. Ye ha. :)

Hey Guys, great news as you may have seen on the FB page. Im back driving my 8 again!!!!

All is good, looking forward to getting the run in out of the way. Have to say the porting makes a big difference, already pulling like a horse and gargling away.

Feels good to be back driving her. 

Big shout out also to the work the lads who did on the car, mind boggling the work that goes into a rebuild when you see it broken down.