kiwimike

Body Kits

Haven't seen much on the forums about this. I've been looking about due to my need to find a replacement bumper but from what I can see and read it seems like it could be a bit of a nightmare fitting one, plus all the hassle of importing it. It obviously depends on which one you prefer and in my case with the "Veilside" it would look like having to import something from Japan that more than likely not fit out of the box.

Are we better off sticking with the norm?

I think you'd be better with a standard oem one. Fiberglass bumpers are a pain in the ass and you will crack it of something . I had to get one for my fd and it's goosed now just from driving into my house. I'm on the hunt for a standard one but other things are taking priority first. You'll save yourself money and heartache in the long run

If your looking for a genuine bodykit fir a S1 then the Mazdaspeed full kit is the one to go for but expect to pay about €2500 for it,very rare but very nice...

skirts and rear diffuser and spoiler...

a92f82f438f446a3285984200be4806c_zpssgro

front end....

89da8611d8e2fd38b63dba235d37f062_zps8gun

Edited by bradster72

Yah there is little to no information i think really about it. And I have seen fitting can be a bugger.

Was looking a bit at this before and the veilside can look really well and seems to be good value compared to the MS. That first snap Ian put up looks class with the combination of the wheels and Sunroof. But I have seen other combination's and colours let's say that did not drop my jaw. Meaning if done right with the right combination's kits can be a serious winner.:)

No Experience in this yet I'm afraid but it's on the cards for the future. Keep Big Pete in mind Mike as he does come up with some serious stuff, and may have one or two options for a replacement bumper and with all the info you need in fitting etc. Seems to be a good fella. :)

I like the Mazda Speed front but not the back, the only other thing with them is everyone wants or has one, I want to be different I suppose.

I could see myself mixing front and backends to be honest lol. I have a feeling though Waffles post might be bang on the money looking at it all. Cheers for comments lads.

Trust me not everyone has a genuine MS kit,they are very rare and very hard to get,lovely kit tho.....try japanparts.com they have loads of kits for the S1,the shipping is very expensive tho,the shipping on my kit was circa €600 plus you'll have customs on top of that:angry:

Edited by bradster72