We're Back! Read more... ×
Aido 8

AIDO 8s ROTARY ADVENTURE

On 5/20/2016 at 11:44 AM, Chazz said:

Aido if you get the Pilot Super Sport you won't have any regrets. Before I got mine I did some serious research on all makes and recommendations on here and on UKROC and other sites. What puts most off in the price but for sticking power, wear, fuel economy they are the best out there.

Most go for on any type manufacturer with 245/30 or /40 on the rear but I went with 245/45/18. Reasons being, on the front I've 225/45/18 and with my setup the speedo reads exactly what I'm doing. A lower profile will give a lower speed than the actually speedo reading. Also, the /45 profile fills the big gap between the tyre and the arch.

More food for thought emoji848.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a lot of driving yesterday and these tyres are just to sensitive to any damp conditions so Im going to look into new tyres today.

So Carl Im wondering is this what you think is best. 245/45/18 on the tail then 225/45/i8 on the nose?? Supersport

In one word Aido "Yes"

I'll post a photo of the rear on mine on the 245/45/18 in a few minutes so you can get a better idea of what they look like.

As for the configuration, well I've mentioned it in my previous post so no need to repeat myself

Little update on run in on the engine

So when Carl gave me the keys a month ago he told me to keep it just below the 4,000 revs and then bring the revs up gradually to run in the new engine. He did tell me it would take a little longer to fire up and it would need a few runs of high revs before I would see an improvement in the standard Renesis when the engine is ran in. He also said it really comes into its own at 7,000rpmB)

So yesterday the engine had 1,170 miles on it and 2 oil changes, one oil change at 897 miles the other at 1,085 little clean inside the air box, so it was time to see what Carls stage 2 port was made off.:D

First run from 4,500revs to 8,500revs , ahhh nothing really happened, just like stock engine.:mellow:

Second run from 4,500-8,500rpm hard to know if anything different happened:mellow:

Third, fourth and fifth time I tried it, well there was a good strong pull to 7,000 rpm and I looked down at the rev counter at one stage and I could see the needle bounce  up of the 7,000 rpm and up past the 9,000 rpm very quickly indeed, it was incredible to see this and feel that bit of grunt as all you guys know the Renesis seems to run out of puff at very high revs. I just started laughing and thinking to myself that these guys like Carl Hayward are just incredible at what they do.:)

So happy about this new engine now and that extra £500 sterling for the stage 2 port as it is soooooo worth itB)

Edited by Aido 8

It's a great feeling isn't Aido when you've got a rebuilt engine. It's like having a new RX8 and because we all, as rotary enthusiasts, know how to look after our machines, we smile knowing the car will last a very long time (200,000km plus) before another rebuild.

13 hours ago, Chazz said:

Aido! You are now the proud owner of the Best road tyre out there emoji106.pngemoji2.png

Did you go for 245/45 for the rear and 225/45 for the front.

That's the true setup. emoji106.png

Yes Carl i am indeed thanks to you ser. Yes I went with your recommended set up as I had full confidence in your information. I also seen yesterday a comment from a very experienced member on a rx8 forum saying anyone that does serious research on tyres will not bother with verds or anything else but will go for Super Sport.
So that was nice 

12 hours ago, kiwimike said:

Lovely stuff Aido, just ordered a set for the front myself but without the super  Look forward to hearing about your take on them 

Good luck with them and nice choice, Will do Mike cheers man 

Cheers jp getting em on Wednesday and going by what Chazz said really looking forward to that little bit of extra grip.B)

Also jp that time you drove her you said it feels like there is something holding her back there was no acceleration  under 4,000 rpm, that's well gone now and it accelerates very well now even at them low revs. I also had a few long starts before she would fire up and now it starts on the button every time. :D
seanmcg you are right Hayward's really build very strong engines:)

Ive been trying to be good to the 8 so she had a oil change @897 mile then @1085 and then@1355 so the oil in the engine should be fairly clean now.:P

So new, Michelin Pilot Super Sport, number plates and good clean yesterday also the last oil change for a while then a new Air filter and she was ready for the NCT today, and she passed B)

The old filter  IMG_20160621_173839.jpg

The new Filter

IMG_20160621_174615.jpg

The Difference lol

IMG_20160621_173936.jpg

First Change

IMG_20160531_192611.jpg

He did his bit     IMG_20160607_175613.jpg

The Header

IMG_20160531_130537.jpg

The IRL Plates 

IMG_20160622_181808.jpg

Edited by Aido 8

So its been a while now since I first bought my second RX8, the car had been showing signs of not running well but a track day at Kirkistown for the annual Rotary meet even showed me more signs as all was not well when it began to seep oil into the little reservoir on the side of the airbox. So after talking to the 2 good men at track side from shadow rotary (Richie and Antony) it was time to send it on its way back to Hayward Rotary.:(

So few little things need changing, Carl was not happy with the tail pipes of the A.P. exhaust as he felt they were restrictive so they needed to be opened up a bit, then there was a solenoid on the blink and also he was not happy with one of the leads so replaced the magnecor leads with the competition leads , so engine was stripped and new seals were replaced with new coils and sparks.B)

While it was there I decided to get a few bits done so I got the Racing Beat ARB front and rear, RB Coolant hoses Meister CRD coilovers , Stoney Racing silicone intake, Under sealed, Carl also tidied up the Engine bay and Sprayed the Engine covers grey free of charge for any inconvenience caused. Its a well improved looking Engine Bay but not showroom sort of speak.

So thanks to Carl he done more than his best to put things right to be fair. He also broke in the engine and it seems 100% fingers crossed.  Now I did get other bits done So I have a list of all that has been done below to date from when I first bought the 8.

Good bit overall done to date on the car but there is still a long way to go before I will be happy with it.
I also will post pics when the forum fixes the problem with uploading Snaps.

Hayward rebuilt with a Stage 2 port, R.B. Manifold, Agency Power Decated Exhaust,  R.B. Lightened Flywheel, Lightweight Pulleys,  Mazda Clutch,  Stoney Racing Silicone hose intake,  R.B. Coolant Hoses, Mazda C coils and Leads, Red and Black Leather Interior, Sat Nav,  MeisterR CRD Coil overs, 20mm Eibach Pro Spacers to be fitted, R.B. Anti-Roll Bars. Mazda Drop Links, Michelin Super Sports, PZ Mirrors. Climair Wind Deflectors, Gear Knob, under sealed, and more to come:)

Thanks for reading;)

Edited by Aido 8
Adding