Sign in to follow this  
Mazda6MPS

Mazda 6 MPS

Hi Guys, I recently brought over a Mazda 6 MPS from the U.K and wondering if anyone knows if there is a go to person on this fair Isle of ours familiar with the MZR DISI engine?  I do the majority of work myself, thanks to forum info, basically trawling the internet but it would be a bonus if someone out there who knew their way around the engine a bit better.  Some jobs I would not attempt being a turbo and all that since my other cars are minus turbo and a bit more straight forward, 98 323F Imola and MX3 V6.  Any ideas welcome, thanks, K

Thanks for the reply man. Is there a way of contacting Eoin to see if he could her a once over.  I'm actually down in Limerick and to be honest to bring her to someone who knows what he is at would be a bonus.  I am in Dublin quite a bit anyway.  I actually really wanted to buy an RX8, always loved them but due to family requirements, the bigger back seat won out, unfortunately I forgot about the seats being leather, sticky hands!!!  Thanks again, Kieran

The car was advertised over in Newcastle, rang the lad over a few days, seemed sound, flew over on a friday night, drove to scotland on saturday, caught the ferry to Belfast, there to limerick, never drove one before, loved it.  Definitely getting the feel for it but with so much info on all the sites it gets pretty confusing.  I belive I need to get the fuel internals sorted,HTTP, I am thinking about getting the Cobb V3 but quite expensive.  As far as mods go, she already has SRI and TIP but a month ago I had no idea what that meant......  

You went quite out of your way to get one, you must have had your eye on one for a while! Few things are a must on the car, notibly the engine and diff mounts. The oem mounts are awful and you suffer with shift shock as a result! Cobb v3 are tempting but expensive! Also don't forget that they are assigned to your car so using it on other models won't work.

Reach out if you've any questions and I'll see if I can help

Well dude, you seem to know your stuff, I was assured the rear diff mount was done.  What gets me is on all the info I get from the forums, joined the two good ones, that I have to change such and such.  What i really need to know is, what I really need to do to keep her stock but running as well as she can.  SRI and TIP were alreay installed, have the original airbox, 84,000 ish on the clock??

Thanks for the offer Tungusta, to be honest man, I went over and above to get this car because I will not drive anything else but a mazda, have done for years. I am in unknow waters with the MPS6 and will probably bug you too much, cheers

No I'm not Eoin, the names Niall.

Well my engine mounts both failed, oem are oil filled so I replaced with sure motorsports mounts (good quality solid alluminium products, US based)

Mazda6club has a very good noob thread which covers common issues.

I've 110k miles on the clock and no engine or exhaust mods, just a remap that littlefeck is doing for me.

Don't worry bout bugging me, its a joy talking bout the ms6! I wanted one for years and finally found one bout 30 months back.

Sure your based in limerick so can always catch ya.

Don't worry Niall doesn't mind talking about his 6MPS to anyone! Most times I'm getting Eoin to work on the car, Niall is the one dropping me to/from. You'd be surprised how similar and different the two cars are (RX8/6MPS). They obviously feel like the same DNA still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotted the other identical MPS6 at a roundabout in Dooradoyle yesterday, blew the horn but I guess with traffic missed me.  Niall, did you change the fuel internals??  Just wondering, great site lads

That was myself I am guessing, shall have to keep an eye out round the area so. You have the same colour? The perfect stealth one. There is a red one round my area in Dublin, looks good but attracts attention.

Fuel internal wise the fuel pump needs to be updated when increasing the power substantially. Most mazda tuners (mkr,bbr etc) dont change until +300hp.The oem one is perfect with stock setup, but be aware that it can fail if you keep the foot down in sixth gear for a minute or so.(common issue) you may actually need a fuel map as in the UK it may have been run on a higher Ron than we get here.

Indeed, titanium silver or so, perfect stealth is a good way to put it.  Believe it or not the guy I bought mine from in the u.k, also had a red one, 2007 model which he was going back to driving due to the gold fleck in the red being a head turner... Fair enough, each to their own but does draw attention.  Thanks for the head's, up on the internals as so much info to process on the forums you get the feeling you need to sort everything now before the inevitable boom!!  Just spent most of the day changing the oil in the transfer case.  Noticed a drip, spent the night reading on horror stories, CX7 unit rebuilds etc.  The old oil was quite dirty, fill plug looser than drain plug which I blame for the leak( I hope), anyway awkward job but filled her with halfords best 75w 90 GL-5 which I have little faith in.  I have an order in for Fuchs stuff to change out all oils, rear diff, gearbox, so will probably replace what I spent half a doing with that, a bit fussy eh!!!!  On the petrol front, she was used to Shell Vpower but the best here is Maxol at between 95-98 Ron.  Do you reckon a re-map is the way to go??  Thanks for your patience man, 

Hey don't worry, I had to learn somewhere and its great speaking to someone else who has an mps. Best oil to use us seni synthetic 5w30 for the engine from what I've heard and its what I've always used. Yeah shell vpower is around 100 or so octane. Best thing you can do is turn the engine iff, put in the key to the second lock then pump the break about 20 times in 5/8 seconds. That resets the ecu so it will learn the new fuel. Most of what you read recommends a remap to fully use the torque if the engine as it is restricted in factory form. Littlefeic is working on a map for me and looking to bring the psi up to about 20. Drop me a mail if you've any questions Niall.odohert @gmail.com