Chazz

What Have You Done to Your RX Today?

Finally got around to fitting the water temp sensor adapter to the Premix5 (RX8 13B-MSP 6-port engine'd MK3 MX5) after I realised I wouldn't need to drain the coolant to do it! :rolleyes:

The components included: Racing Beat water temp sensor adapter, fitting nut that I ordered from Torques in the UK as the RB adapter hole was way too big, the Défi water temp sensor...

Components.jpg

All fitted together with PVC tape ("Plumbers' Tape"):

Together.jpg

Chopped the water line going from the engine-side of the thermostat to the heater matrix so I've the most accurate water temp reading:

Beside the Inlet.jpg

And now, ALL of the gauges work!! :D The left-most is the Water Temp, middle is Oil Temp & right-most is the Oil Pressure:

Défis All Working!.jpg

Hopefully you might find someone with a charged battery and jump leads and bring them round in your boot to keep you going, this worked like a jem for me nearly a week one time

Getting close to that point too.

Tried out an MX-5 last week. Great Car. I'm just a titch too big for it. Too may depression donuts.

It still runs. Aiming for the big 160 before finally sending it on it's way. The engine core will be ripped out, along with the shocks and ignition system, to go to better homes, leaving only the shell of something that was once a happy place for many miles.

On 20/01/2018 at 12:18 AM, Dartz said:

Tried out an MX-5 last week. Great Car. I'm just a titch too big for it. Too may depression donuts.

It still runs. Aiming for the big 160 before finally sending it on it's way. The engine core will be ripped out, along with the shocks and ignition system, to go to better homes, leaving only the shell of something that was once a happy place for many miles.

Which MX5? :)

160 KM or Miles?

Lol! And is it not still a happy place?? :)

New MX-5. The dashboard dug into my knee.. Unfortunate, because I really liked the car, and had sold myself on it. But it Hurt to drive after 15 minutes.

I'm not small.

And it's currently sitting at 153,350km  on the odometer. It runs as good as the day I bought it. Somehow. It doesn't feel like it deserves to..

It is a good car. But it'll probably get parted out to someone's weekend pride and joy that has a better shell. Which is a shame. It's done a lot more than I expected it to.

Yeah the MK4s are a lovely car! :)

I've seen 8s that achieved 180K+ KM before showing signs of low compression so wouldn't worry about it too much. ;)

Is the shell in bits? I only ask as I've seen some cars that recently were perceived as "economically unsaveable" and having talked to the right person they were properly saved & are still rotoring along. ;)

It's had a few knocks and is showing it's age. There's a repair on the rear arch but the liner keeps falling off. A patch of rust on both sills was given a coat of black stove paint last year to keep the corrosion at bay. (Don't knock it - on a black car it's unnoticeable ;P) There's a few buckles and dents on the belly when things have hit it and I was - less than careful.

Kinda curious what the compression is....