Chazz

What Have You Done to Your RX Today?

980 posts in this topic

@littlefeck yeah one of the autopumpkin ones: http://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/android-6-0-car-dvd/universal-android-6-0-car-radio/pumpkin-6-2-multi-touch-screen-quad-core-1-6ghz-android-6-0-marshmallow-car-dvd-player-support-phone-mirroring-steering-wheel-control-3g-wifi-obd2.html

really happy with it. Kind of chanced getting the matte finish over the gloss, but delighted I did as I hate the stock gloss finish on some of the plastic in the cabin. Might try and source some red & black leather seats now, and that might be it for the interior tinkering.

.....For now! :P

7 hours ago, podge said:

@littlefeck yeah one of the autopumpkin ones: http://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/android-6-0-car-dvd/universal-android-6-0-car-radio/pumpkin-6-2-multi-touch-screen-quad-core-1-6ghz-android-6-0-marshmallow-car-dvd-player-support-phone-mirroring-steering-wheel-control-3g-wifi-obd2.html

really happy with it. Kind of chanced getting the matte finish over the gloss, but delighted I did as I hate the stock gloss finish on some of the plastic in the cabin. Might try and source some red & black leather seats now, and that might be it for the interior tinkering.

.....For now! :P

How does that integrate with the steering wheel controls and the like?

Good Question! I didn't actually bother wiring it up as I never use it to be honest, but from what I can tell online it's been hit and miss for people that have tried it, so I wasn't arsed. The biggest issue I actually had was trying to fit the new radio, metra box, and the clusterf*ck of wires in the radio bay. I'm not opening it up again for the steering wheel controls!

It's on the long list of things to be done. Next may end up being the thermostat. Was up in Mondello today.

Melted the tyres, smoked the brakes and boiled the petrol (causing a bastard of a Misfire which convinced me to cut the day short lest the engine follow). Was still bubbling when I drove it to the Maxol....   

Was one hot bloody day. Real car killer. Spent the entire thing driving on the temperature gauge between 98 and 102.... 

dGK25Pfl.jpg

Tein suspension was fucking amazing. And glad the brakes were done.

Yesterday Anthony gutted the cat for me, butt dyno says good things and much better noises but a bit annoyed I only got a little over 2 years out of it, I blame my faulty BHR coil in January.

Compression test too, which I was dreading at 80000 miles but delighted with the numbers- 6.2, 8.6 and 8.8 front rotor, 6.95, 7 and 6.95 rear rotor. Hoping a bit of cataclean and some more Italian tuning will dislodge some carbon on the low face. Better results than 4 years ago, phew!

The rear bearing is looking a bit damp so we're going to do some preventative maintenance and replace it as it's a relatively easy job. Front bearing looking good from the outside so hopefully this will stave off a rebuild in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chazz and Rex Ruthor like this