Chazz

What Have You Done to Your RX Today?

901 posts in this topic

They have this topic on the UKOC so I thought I'd start one here to banish the Ghosts from this forum :P:) and get more activity on here. Don't Shoot Me!

Toady I replaced my 12 year old Drop Links all round for spanking new ones. Also changed the Diff and Trans oil. Lots more to do. :wub: my RX   :D 

Aido 8 and fc3richie like this

Chazz,if you offered people €50 each time they logged on here your money would be safe,save for a few there is no activity on here but fair play for trying:-) Apart from standing back and admiring my wheels...nothing lol,I'll check back in here again next week tho:-)

Chazz likes this

Seriously, i think this is a great topic over on the uk forum but i have to say for me id be way more interested in what the guys with the 7s and 8s are at on here.

So get posting fellas  :D

And good stuff Chazz for having a go to banish the gosts  ;)

Edited by Aido 8
Chazz likes this

Ordered service parts - Oil and Filters mostly.

Bought some extra tools, like a new filter wrench. Also, another bottle of 2-stroke and some cataclean.

Waiting for the fuel to go down befor giving it it's annual service - and hoping I don't find that it's really the carbon that's holding it together when it gets a shot of cataclean.

Chazz likes this

Snap Richie, did the same too.

Fitted genuine oem 100c coils, Magnecor leads and NGK plugs today.

All running well after, good piece of mind having it done.

Chazz and fc3richie like this

Obd2 reader arrived yesterday, plugged it in today and downloaded dashcommand, having great fun with all the gauges, delighted to see that it thinks I'm making 250hp! Think some of the details might be missing in the menus, will get around to filling them in at some stage. I wonder is there any way of getting it to tell me when I can beep, maybe a big button saying 'go baby go'...

Chazz likes this

Haha good stuff col, I only have the car two weeks it was neglected by the looks of it, so for I fitted a new exhuast and done the ignition system. The plugs that came out of it must of bein in it years very corroded and there was 3 100b and 1 100a coils in it which I can't imagine is good but it's all sorted now 😬

Decided to check out the TPI Coil packs I installed back in May of 2014 to see if any signs of wear.

Now I haven't been having any issues with startups or running (26,558 kilometres travelled on these so far) but was just curious to see how much life was left in them before I go about installing myself built D585 rig.

These coils are based on the Version B from jp4mance.co.uk and are very reasonably priced if one is on a budget (see post, "Coil Packs 2003 onwards" from April of 2014).

WOW! they're still perfect, like new :D  I've posted photos in the gallery if anyone is bored :P;):wacko: 

Polished the exhaust tips and added a bit of bling to the door pillars today at lunchtime. Photos in my gallery.

Took the Strakes off today, they are in REALLY Sh1te condition!  :(:angry:   Can't seem to add images here so I've thrown them in my gallery.

Anyway, going to put them in a basin of Coca-Cola and let it do its work. Then sand them down, apply Zinc primer rust resistant coating.

Then Silver colour spray them and then apply clear lacquer. I must be one of Halfords best customers at this stage.

I'll throw up photos when all is finished in the next few days. ;) 

kenster likes this

Ive got it from Ben but the only reason he sold me coz Ian asked him when he was there.

Edited by bigboss1986

Got mine back from the shop today- had a bit of an 'off' on Easter day. Came out of a corner with a bit too much enthusiasm, back end flew out with no warning, over corrected and span sideways into a kerb. Thought I'd done some serious underbody and suspension damage but only seems to be cosmetic- couple of alloy dings, driver's side door sill needs bending back and may need a new front bumper. No frame or mechanical damage, thank god. Had a week in crete after that driving a rental Hyundai POS and presuming my lovely Rex was dead so was over the moon this morning when i found it wasn't a write-off. Tyres were ditchfinders from the previous owner and on my list of things to do- lesson learned. Currently ordering a new set of vreds from oponeo and driving like a granny until then...

Chazz and kenster like this

Looks in the photo like I casually drove onto the verge, but the corner I span on is behind the camera, you can see the angle from the groove in front of the nearside tyre. AA guy couldn't believe it either...