gav240z

DoneDeal and other classifieds thread.

353 posts in this topic

I've seen it for sale a few times, tried to get it before but I had the Soarer at the time. I want it cos it's in the colour I want, and I can mod to my taste as it's cheap. Guys not answering to texts though, I'll try ringing him later.

Yeah it's cheap enough alright. I didn't go look at it back when it was for sale last because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get insurance on an RX-7. I like them in red also, but I already have a red sports car (Datsun 240z) and was a bit over it. Red tends to fade (Oxidize) in the sun more than other colours

i would go for the silver auto, bet it is a good car, loads a cheap gear boxs around at the mo, 2500 should buy it,

:D
Y'lucky beggar ya! ;) Went to see & test-drive it on Sunday, was working out the logistics etc when i spotted your post. :-D Health to drive, it was a pretty good Rex, just in need of a wee bit of TLC & she'd be mint! 8)

Yeah the car felt good, it was a nice drive back to Mayo. Every panel on the car is strait, and I haven't seen any scratches yet. The paint hasn't faded at all (at least to my eye). Only bad points are rear brakes are knocking, and the clutch is slipping but it came with a new one to be installed. No history of a rebuild, but he reckons the engines been out at some stage cos the engine bolts were clean like someone had used a wrench on them.

I think it's appropriate that it's returning to the county in which it was first registered too! :lol:

There is/was a rex for sale here in Mayo, a black 95 with rebuild and remapped fuel and usual mods (wheels, exhaust) for about €3.5k. I went to look at it, and bodywork needs a bit of TLC. Only reason I didn't buy it is cos I wanted a red one. If anyone's interested I can give you his phone number.

That one in Cork sold damn fast, although it was cheap. Seats looked mint alright. Someone got a bargain.