rash0001

Rotary Garages & Mechanics List

Just wanted to know if people who have had their rotary fixed, services etc can post the Name, Address & Contact number of the Garage or Mechanic who did that. You don't have to comment on them just post the address, so no legal problems. I only know of Eddy Doyle but seems there are many more places you can take your rotary to so please post here. If you all agree then we can have a format like this: Name Address Contact Description - Just what all they do etc Doesn't have to be mechanics only, can be anything which you feel we need to keep account off - rolling road etc. I hope you guys don't mind this and share the address as its really difficult to post again and again asking for the same info. Cheers

Name: James 'The Real Podge'

Description: Rotary servicing, rebuilds, all things rotary

Edited by jp
Added detail etc as per cleanup of page

Name: Paddy Gorman

Description: Servicing, suspension, tuning etc etc Worked wonders on my FB and used to work for a main dealer

Edited by jp

Adding to the list of Rotary mechanics;

Eddy Doyle has retired but will still give advise. He has passed on his knowledge to and trained Lenard.

Name: Lenard

He has done a fantastic job on my RX8 and highly recommend him. :)

Edited by jp

would just like to add myself to the list,

not a rotary mechanic but an enthusiast who carries out  call out compression tests with genuine mazda tester

for people looking to buy/sell there rotary , based in dublin but will do the surrounding counties

pm me on this for contact details

cheers :) 

Name: Sean

Description: Rotary compression testing call-outs with Genuine Mazda Compression Tester

Edited by jp

Cheers Sean, Might as well add myself there too! Based in Athy Co.Kildare. Can assist with most electrical related issues along with remapping RX8s on stock ECUs mainly for engine safety related mods. 0857202383

Name: Jamie

Description: Remapping RX8s on stock/OEM ECUs (for engine-safety/longevity mods, aftermarket coil dwell timings adjusted, OMP output increases as per 2006+ OEM map revisions, etc), electrical issues.

Edited by jp

Name: Fiachra 'FTOREX'

Address: Coachford, Cork

Description: Rotary servicing, rebuilds, porting, all things rotary

On 19/07/2015 at 9:39 PM, Chazz said:

Adding to the list of Rotary mechanics;

Eddy Doyle has retired but will still give advise. He has passed on his knowledge to and trained Lenard.

Name: Lenard

He has done a fantastic job on my RX8 and highly recommend him. :)

Recommend Lenard (Leonard) also - very well pleased with my re-build on 31st January 2016 .

On 24 December 2015 at 10:40 AM, jp said:

Name: Shadow Rotary

Contact: Anthony 'Chief Wiggum' @ 085 7771808 / Eoin @ 087 6479448

Description: Rotary rebuilds, servicing, porting, all things rotary.

Any Chance of actual address for them ? need to call up tomorrow :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, MarkCon said:

just from may experience i wanted add one to avoid, rotaryworks in lurgan. 

Big mistake 

Ahhh Bananas, sorry to hear your trouble Markcon. I'm guessing you are from the north so i was wondering did you know anything about the rotary guy in Banbridge??

as I was told he is the only guy in NI to go to. I'm as curious as fudge I think I might just take a spin down to his spot just to have a look one of the days soon:)

So I have been hearing some good customer Feed back from this man so its time somebody added him:)
Rotor sport (Alan Woods)

Banbridge ,County Down

7 Ballynafoy Road
Annaclone
BT32 5BA

0r calling from REP 00447803034962

Engine rebuilds

Compression testing etc

Also just saying he has a 20B in a RX8 down there  claiming 450 hpB)

Ok so is it at all possible that this thread could be reviewed and updated. I think some of the findings on  the 31st of May were very disturbing and damaging to the reputation of our beloved rotaries, and if that wasn't bad enough more findings were found again on the 19th of July:( .

So all I'm a afraid off and surely others is that someone looking for a rebuild will see this thread and will think this guy must be ok as he is recommended on here.

Just trying to help minimise what happened to Chazz if we can at all.  .

Surely this can't be a hard thing to ask as it surely needs to be looked into??, please and thanks.

Regards
a very sad rotor bro :(

43 minutes ago, Aido 8 said:

Ok so is it at all possible that this thread could be reviewed and updated. I think some of the findings on  the 31st of May were very disturbing and damaging to the reputation of our beloved rotaries, and if that wasn't bad enough more findings were found again on the 19th of July:( .

So all I'm a afraid off and surely others is that someone looking for a rebuild will see this thread and will think this guy must be ok as he is recommended on here.

Just trying to help minimise what happened to Chazz if we can at all.  .

Surely this can't be a hard thing to ask as it surely needs to be looked into??, please and thanks.

Regards
a very sad rotor bro :(

I'd have to +1 on this, as I've also gotten a build from the same builder as Chazz based directly off the feedback here. No issues yet (2 months later) but time (and a Shadow visit soon hopefully) will tell.