salvy

Rx8 for sale

Hi everyone 

Sadly I have to sell my Rx8. Engine died and I don't have money to keep her on the road. I've spent around 8000 euro on parts itself (big brake kit, wheels, suspension, exhaust, ignition and many more, contact me for details regards parts). I wanted to rebuild the engine but I can't afford as I have other expenses. How does 3200€ sounds? Anyone interested? 

The going rate for an rx8 with a knackered engine and everything else  ok is only around 1000 euro.

Post up photos, details etc and someone might be interested, but remember they will be spending an additional 2000 to 3500 to get it back on the road with a 3 or 4 month delay. 

There is a fully working rebuilt rx8 on done deal for 3500 all in asking price, so I think 1000 is a fair asking price. There is more supply than demand.

It'd be worth your while posting up pics & a lot more detail about the car (e.g. service history, condition, rust, details on the modifications) to help the sale.

As zg3406 says above though a dead RX8 normally fetches between 300-1000 (absolute max; we're talking late years & mint condition) in the current market so depending on your circumstances you may be financially better-off returning it to standard & selling the aftermarket bits separately.

Thanks for advice guys. I understand what You're saying but it's hard to believe that stock busted Rx8 price equals sweet parts busted Rx8 price. Am I missing something? I know this offer isn't for everyone, probably a person who has a stock Rx8 and wants to add some nice bits might value this offer. Pictures and details of the parts are listed in my profile. Jp I can't return to stock as factory brakes were giving trouble so I've replaced them with big brake kit, same thing happened to factory cat and exhaust, stock wheels were sold long time ago. It absolutely breaks my heart to sell her tbh. Anyone knows upcoming lotto numbers? 

Well my intention is only to give you an idea what the market out there is like for selling cars & give you the best chance you can get of selling yours. :) As a very general rule, standard cars usually fetch more money than modified cars because no-one knows what the workmanship is like & there's less "custom reverse-engineering" to be done to get it back to a blank canvas from which to drive or modify the car from; having said that if you get the right buyer that appreciates what you've done to the car they might value it more than a stock 8 but you've at least got to put in the effort of listing the parts & show some pics of the car/bits in a properly constructed ad if you're hoping to attract potential buyers & justify asking strong money for it.

I know of 6-speed RX8s that run & in some cases had tax + NCT that have been sold for less than €500 in the last 3 months so that's what you're up against as a seller, so with yours not even running (& can't be driven home, so a buyer would have to trailer/tow/recover it) it puts you at a disadvantage compared to ones that do drive; effectively putting your car into the "rolling shell" category of pricing which (as mentioned above unless it's mint or special in some way) will only command small money in this market.

It's up to you whether you put up details & pics in your own for sale ad, it's just a suggestion to make the sale easier for you & potentially attract buyers.

2 alternatives I can think of:

1) If you've space to store the car & can declare it off the road then you could always wait, save up some cash & come back to rebuild it in a while?

2) You could keep an eye out for a used engine that you could swap into the car & either drive it or sell it on running which would bring the price you could command back up? You'd have to do the maths etc to see would that work for you versus what you could get for it but just a thought if you can do the work yourself/with the help of friends.

Hope all that helps anyway & best of luck with the sale one way or another! :)

Jp thanks for your thoughts. I was hoping to save myself some trouble pulling out all the parts and sell everything in one go, but now I'm willing to take it apart and sell all parts separately and whatever I won't sell I'll set on fire :lol:. I'll now move to parts section where I'll give details of the most interesting bits and see what happens. Thanks again.