Kuro 078/500

Daft idea or what.

5 posts in this topic

What do you think, I got this mad notion to convert a Xedos 6 to RWD and drop in RX8 running gear.

Of course I've no money to do this, but I kind of like the idea, what do you's think.

Pic for attention

large.58f725ad2daee_xedos6BTTC.jpg.c405ef6973436ffa5ca5508f0e213ed9.jpg

Sure Peter not daft, I would have to say it would be a bit of craic to do it and you would have a bigger engine bay to work with, but on saying that you would be better doing something like what jp did. Of the top of my head I would think the 6 is a good bit heavier than the rx8 there exposing the lack of torque from the engine even more.

Then you be looking at it woun't handle near as good as there is bugger all that would come close to the 8. But it would be some craic doing it mate but not near as much fun driving it I would think. But yes different idea, or maybe it has been done on the xedos forums mate, I'm sure there must  be a xedos forum :mellow: 

Go for a project of rebuilding a engine mate, Richie will port the fudge out of it and you have a wild weapon in your hands, You could always drop your current engine back into it if the penalty points start to ad up lol :D

I'd like to buy a cheap, unfinished ac cobra kit car and whack a rennie in there - I too have no money :D

Always wanted an AC cobra but would have to be V8. I'd 13b a delorean but I've got less than no money :lol:

Kuro was it offered in rwd or share the chassis with something rwd. Otherwise the transmission tunnel might think accomodate a longitudinal set up and rear subframe would be different.

Anybody watch mighty car mods on YouTube? They are converting a fwd miracle to 4wd using a 4wd doner. Chassis is different in the rear so they had to swap the rear floor pan and add some mounts.

Kuro 078/500 likes this

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:28 AM, laned3 said:

Kuro was it offered in rwd or share the chassis with something rwd. Otherwise the transmission tunnel might think accomodate a longitudinal set up and rear subframe would be different.

To the best of my knowledge, they only came in FWD, with either a 1.6 ltr 4 pot or 2.0 ltr V6. I'll have to do a bit more research, and check out the kerb weight etc. also.

I'd think it would be a big undertaking with a lot of fabricating etc. to get it right.