Svpplier

First time flooding

Hey all, title says it all, I've never had a problem with her before, but battery went dead and bing bang boom I flooded her. 

Theres a lot of tutorials out there when I search what the best selfie method is, some claim removing plugs (I'm changing them now anyway) some claim ten second turn overs with the fuel pump out. I figure I know which is the fuel pump relay fuse. 

I was hoping someone here would link me to a tutorial that is considered the best way to go about deflooding as I can't decide which to go with from my own searches all very similar with slight differences 

Pull the fuel pump fuse, crank for 15 secs or so, allow 20-30 secs between cranks. Keep it up for about 5 mins.

replace fuse and try starting, might need help to keep it running for a minute or so.

should be ok after that

make sure your battery is good as the creaking will drain it and you'll be back at stage 1 again

Alternatively, tow-start it: engage 2nd gear once you're up to about 30-40km/hr. A couple of seconds later it'll fire into life if it's just flooded. :) Make sure you bring it for a good drive after that though, as in once it's fully warmed up bring it to the red line in 2nd at least (legally of course) if not third.

As for the battery, a good long drive should charge it up well-enough. Once you get it home though no harm throwing on a multimeter to see what voltage it's making once you've the car turned off; alternatively put it on a trickle-charger. Failing both of the above you're likely talking about a new battery (640cca or better).

Pull the fuel pump fuse, crank for 15 secs or so, allow 20-30 secs between cranks. Keep it up for about 5 mins.

replace fuse and try starting, might need help to keep it running for a minute or so.

should be ok after that

make sure your battery is good as the creaking will drain it and you'll be back at stage 1 again

I pulled my socks up and did my own research again and found a very similar tutorial, thanks for the response anyway, much appreciated!

I have a theory grime stems from rotary, you know brap brap and all that.

2006 RX8 Evolve Copper Red

Alternatively, tow-start it: engage 2nd gear once you're up to about 30-40km/hr. A couple of seconds later it'll fire into life if it's just flooded.  Make sure you bring it for a good drive after that though, as in once it's fully warmed up bring it to the red line in 2nd at least (legally of course) if not third.

As for the battery, a good long drive should charge it up well-enough. Once you get it home though no harm throwing on a multimeter to see what voltage it's making once you've the car turned off; alternatively put it on a trickle-charger. Failing both of the above you're likely talking about a new battery (640cca or better).

Again silly of me not to respond but a tow start would've done the trick had I not been without the aid of anyone else! I even had a jeep to do the job, just no one to drive it.

I did indeed take her out after gave her 40kms of smooth pre 4K shifting and then at the very end on the off ramp to turn into Wicklow I slowed down put it in second redlined her whilst giving it a bit of a challenge due to incline.

Has been fine since

Again thanks for all the help guys.

I have a theory grime stems from rotary, you know brap brap and all that.

2006 RX8 Evolve Copper Red