seanmcg

in the process of ordering a mazda oem rotary compression tester :)

21 posts in this topic

hey guys,

as title says ive put in an order for one of these, been thinking about it awhile and would love to have this piece of kit,

as using it for myself on the FD and RX8 i will also be doing nixers with it and callouts for those all important figures we rely on :)

there built to order so should have it within the next 2 months, 

as i said i live in the tallaght area but willing to do callouts for people that need a test, 

cheers lads 

Sean

Chazz likes this

I'd say 50 per test and possibly 70 for call depending how far lol

Haven't quite thought of the figures yet but want to be very reasonable and still make a little for myself

Do you mind me asking where yr getting it and how much is it setting you back? Could do with one of these down the deep south :)

They are ver expensive from memory....open to correction here obviously but somewhere in the region of 1200-1500 yoyo's for a proper Mazda one

Yeah there not cheap! Getting it for about 1000 , my brother lives in Japan so it's handy for him to get stuff

Expensive enough for sure, but a brilliant bit of kit to have as it seems a compression test is always valued. Something to save for I guess once I get all the other to maintenance bits n bobs sorted. Either that or yourself and littlefeck move to the middle of the country & we will all have handy access to the good stuff lol

That's the plan be nice to make a few extra quid and always Good to have another tester out there, plus the re-sale on them is really good if I ever needed to sell

Waffle and kiwimike like this

Expensive enough for sure, but a brilliant bit of kit to have as it seems a compression test is always valued. Something to save for I guess once I get all the other to maintenance bits n bobs sorted. Either that or yourself and littlefeck move to the middle of the country & we will all have handy access to the good stuff lol

Im already in the middle of the country. Im in Athy Kildare! Best of luck Sean with the tester. OEM mazda one looks the job!

Did you look on RHD Japan? Good bit cheaper than that but getting caught by customs would be the other worry

yeh dizz there about 930 from them posted but i got stung with customs from them before so getting the brother to wrap it and send as a gift ;)

Dizz likes this

Good stuff, only around the corner from you in Ballycullen so may be calling on your services at some point!

Don't suppose you've a red FD & were on Hunters Road last night?

i do have a red FD but its in storage awaiting the time and money to install my single turbo kit and do other bits, currently in blue rx8 but i have seen yours twice turning off up to hunters road, love the FD's in black looks great dude,

yeah thats no problem man  :)

@seanmcg I have a buddy with a 06 RX8, he's looking to sell and is not a member here, he wants to get a compression test done to help him move it on, can you help him out?