Few more parts added to the stock pile of items to be fitted. I decided that I was just going to bite the bullet and make this a one time hit on everything engine related and do it while the engine is out. To recap, the current ongoing jobs are:
1. Refit my freshly rebuilt twin turbos that Tom Cooney in Portlaoise has rebuilt for me.
2. New turbo gaskets, intake manifold gaskets and throttle body gaskets
3. Rebuild alternator
4. Fit new waterpump and belts
5. Have already fitted the new fast acting intake temp switch
6. Fit the V-Mount intercooler and rad set up. V-Mount needs some piping altered so need an aluminium welder to help here
7. Fit my 3" downpipe. Already have the decat. Fit my Titanium exhaust system.
8. Improve the wiring for the fuel pump.
9. Relocate battery due to the intercooler.
While I am doing the above, I just decided I'm going to add a few more items to the list so have ordered.
AEM Smart Coil set up with relocation plates to replace the old 23 year old ignition system. Good spark is important and this should future proof the car. Also, replacement coils are >€100 and easy get.
AEM V2 Water Injection kit, to keep intake temps in check. Just going to run water although you can run 50:50 water:meth through the system too. Doing this as a safety mod.
Unintentionally, another AEM item, a Wideband sensor and gauge. Wanted to keep it retro looking so this was the most suitable to my taste.
WIll add a few more complementary gauges, oil and water temp I think!